1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1988-10-16 - London, England - London, England - Dominion Theater. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist
    All Along The Watchtower
    Angel Of Harlem
    When Love Comes To Town
    Love Rescue Me

Comments:
    This show is also known as the 'Smile Jamaica' concert, which was broadcasted on television where various artists made their appearance. Also the reason why we have a 5-star TV-broadcast recording of this show available. While only lasting four songs, this show features amazing performances of the songs played. It also makes it fun that both Keith Richards and Ziggy Marley join on When Love Comes To Town (Keith Richards) en Love Rescue Me (both).

Also notable fact is that both Angel Of Harlem and Love Rescue Me were played for the first time ever.

All the songs are also available as video in our "Video" tab of the show page. For those who are not familiar with this show, it's a recommendation, one of the very few 'various dates' that become show of the month.

Show Page
    1988-10-16 - London, England - London, England - Dominion Theater
  2. We do not allow the sharing and trading of:
    album songs, singles, b-sides or tracks that are part of any commercial release by U2 or any other third party.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Great little show. Easily the best performance of love rescue me ever.
  3. Yes the show is really amazing . But I think is to shorter to be " show of the month " , I know that the quality and rate are great and important, but with so many " crazy " show's it could be another one . But that's my opinion and I repeat that this little show is really amazing

4. Sssttt... I pointed that out a couple of times, but aparantly the crew is allowed to change the rules if they want to
    (I'm not being a smartass here, that's really the explanation i got)
  5. Originally posted by farrock_bulsara:Yes the show is really amazing . But I think is to shorter to be " show of the month " , I know that the quality and rate are great and important, but with so many " crazy " show's it could be another one . But that's my opinion and I repeat that this little show is really amazing

Well if you have suggestions, be our guest
  6. What we offer is a radio broadcast, which is perfectly OK to be shared here since it was a free broadcast of which no tracks have been released. The Love Rescue Me which appeared on the Angel Of Harlem single comes from a private soundboard that we don't have nor offer to download. But offering and downloading the radio broadcast is perfectly ok with our house rules.

It's the same situation as Sydney '93. It was commercially released in VHS, Laserdisc and CD: that's why we can only offer a broadcast version to be downloaded, and not the soundboard version.

Anything else?
  7. The broadcast and the released version come from the same source, but that's just a side note.
    But does that mean, that every version that once was freely broadcast (Red Rocks, Paris, Boston, New Year in Dublin, Slane, Rose Bowl and the likes) is okay to be shared if the source is that broadcast?
    Not trying to stir up some shit, just trying to get that clear because it reads differently here: http://www.u2start.com/topic/7417/... and there's still this:

Missing sources:Some well known audio recordings (like one or more recordings for this show) of U2 concerts are removed from our bootleg collection. This is due to the fact that some performances or audio files may violate certain copyrights. This is mostly the case when (versions of) songs appear or going to appear on official releases by U2 or related third parties. We apologize for this, and hope for your understanding.
  8. nice performance, didn't know this one

9. I didn't too, discovered it recently by selecting a random DVD from my U2 DVD collection. Love Rescue Me is brilliant
  10. I remember watching this on the night and hearing it again is a real nostalgia trip for me. It was the first thing I ever recorded on video from TV. It was a Channel 4 broadcast, as I remember, and there was lots of footage from Jamaica showing the destruction wrought by the hurricane. It even had Frank Bruno (I THINK - feel free to correct me) visiting relatives on the island, listening to their stories. I seem to remember - and, again, I may be wrong - U2 having this performance somewhat foisted upon them. Someone - God only knows who - mentioned that they would be performing at the benefit before that had even been asked, much less confirmed. At that point, to say they weren't going to do it would have looked terrible, so they went ahead and did it, almost because they couldn't NOT do it.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else, or have I just pulled this out of thin air? God, I hope not, because it may mean I need to get a CAT scan.
  11. Originally posted by thejonner:I remember watching this on the night and hearing it again is a real nostalgia trip for me. It was the first thing I ever recorded on video from TV. It was a Channel 4 broadcast, as I remember, and there was lots of footage from Jamaica showing the destruction wrought by the hurricane. It even had Frank Bruno (I THINK - feel free to correct me) visiting relatives on the island, listening to their stories. I seem to remember - and, again, I may be wrong - U2 having this performance somewhat foisted upon them. Someone - God only knows who - mentioned that they would be performing at the benefit before that had even been asked, much less confirmed. At that point, to say they weren't going to do it would have looked terrible, so they went ahead and did it, almost because they couldn't NOT do it.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else, or have I just pulled this out of thin air? God, I hope not, because it may mean I need to get a CAT scan.

I know that Bono recently said that it was 'not hip' to play at benefit shows in the eighties, and U2 did just that. When it became hip in the nineties they stopped doing that, because it would deliver an incorrect message. Can't remember your story though but it would be a nice to know thing for sure!
  12. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

I didn't too, discovered it recently by selecting a random DVD from my U2 DVD collection. Love Rescue Me is brilliant

Keith Richards performance is just terrible, he didn't even take the effort to play the song's chords but it was nice