1. Lucky enough I‘ve been to that show That moment was outstanding indeed. I will never forget that moment.

I‘ve been to all tours from Popmart onwards multiple times but looking back this tour - Elevation - was killer.....
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Great post.

I do understand all of what you put here and am sure that if I had had the opportunity to see an Elevation show (didn't become a big fan until right after Vertigo Tour left N. America, unfortunately), I would have loved it. Still prefer the 90s era for its music and inventiveness, but can appreciate Elevation for what it was.
    FWIW, I also preferred the 90's era for U2 overall (though still love pretty much everything post 2000), and I'd wager most people would probably agree the 90's were the best era - it was definitely the absolute pinnacle of their creative peak, and all that envelope pushing paid off spectacularly.
  3. 25 years ago, reading NME’s, looking out for the cover of Q mag, When’s the album coming? It’s already been a year and half since the last one. Videotaping tv spots on the Zooropa ‘93 tour, discovering bootleg cds. Staying up late to get the repeat of the Zoo Tv special. Video single? Who does that? And Numb? Who does that? Countdown to august 8th for Glasgow Celtic Park. Rainy night, didn’t care. Stereo Mc’s, Utah Saints. Macnass. 14 years old. Everybody knows U2 but they were new to me. Snippets of songs in Burt Kwouks advert with the dropping trabants. Got my achtung. First gig, welcome to the world. Feel the vibrations in your chest as the Zoo Station drums drop. I heard Bad for the first time. Everybody heard Zooropa played live for the first time. Sarajevo on the big screen. Devil horns and lamé suits. Bono’s voice slides into Elvis’ as he hands over Can’t Help Falling.
    Got stuck in that moment.
  4. Originally posted by polarbearu2:25 years ago, reading NME’s, looking out for the cover of Q mag, When’s the album coming? It’s already been a year and half since the last one. Videotaping tv spots on the Zooropa ‘93 tour, discovering bootleg cds. Staying up late to get the repeat of the Zoo Tv special. Video single? Who does that? And Numb? Who does that? Countdown to august 8th for Glasgow Celtic Park. Rainy night, didn’t care. Stereo Mc’s, Utah Saints. Macnass. 14 years old. Everybody knows U2 but they were new to me. Snippets of songs in Burt Kwouks advert with the dropping trabants. Got my achtung. First gig, welcome to the world. Feel the vibrations in your chest as the Zoo Station drums drop. I heard Bad for the first time. Everybody heard Zooropa played live for the first time. Sarajevo on the big screen. Devil horns and lamé suits. Bono’s voice slides into Elvis’ as he hands over Can’t Help Falling.
    This story just gave me goosebumps! So cool!
  5. Been batteling depression/anxiety the last two years and I'm in a down right now, after being really happy for a half year or something. The funny thing about U2 is that the album I dislike the most, brings me the most joy now.

Stuck and Walk On
  6. Originally posted by bartajax:Been batteling depression/anxiety the last two years and I'm in a down right now, after being really happy for a half year or something. The funny thing about U2 is that the album I dislike the most, brings me the most joy now.

Stuck and Walk On
    Stay safe tonight, Bart. Hope you're well.
  7. Originally posted by bartajax:Been batteling depression/anxiety the last two years and I'm in a down right now, after being really happy for a half year or something. The funny thing about U2 is that the album I dislike the most, brings me the most joy now.

Stuck and Walk On
    Bartajax, Ive been there too. What helps me is a consistent schedule and physical activity. I hope that you get some clarity soon.
  8. Originally posted by polarbearu2:25 years ago, reading NME’s, looking out for the cover of Q mag, When’s the album coming? It’s already been a year and half since the last one. Videotaping tv spots on the Zooropa ‘93 tour, discovering bootleg cds. Staying up late to get the repeat of the Zoo Tv special. Video single? Who does that? And Numb? Who does that? Countdown to august 8th for Glasgow Celtic Park. Rainy night, didn’t care. Stereo Mc’s, Utah Saints. Macnass. 14 years old. Everybody knows U2 but they were new to me. Snippets of songs in Burt Kwouks advert with the dropping trabants. Got my achtung. First gig, welcome to the world. Feel the vibrations in your chest as the Zoo Station drums drop. I heard Bad for the first time. Everybody heard Zooropa played live for the first time. Sarajevo on the big screen. Devil horns and lamé suits. Bono’s voice slides into Elvis’ as he hands over Can’t Help Falling.
    lol... I have that VHS video single for Numb!
  9. Originally posted by bartajax:Been batteling depression/anxiety the last two years and I'm in a down right now, after being really happy for a half year or something. The funny thing about U2 is that the album I dislike the most, brings me the most joy now.

Stuck and Walk On
    Music is like that. Hope you are feeling ok. Stay strong.
  10. Originally posted by bartajax:Been batteling depression/anxiety the last two years and I'm in a down right now, after being really happy for a half year or something. The funny thing about U2 is that the album I dislike the most, brings me the most joy now.

Stuck and Walk On
    ...sing your song, let your song be sung...
  11. Originally posted by bartajax:Been batteling depression/anxiety the last two years and I'm in a down right now, after being really happy for a half year or something. The funny thing about U2 is that the album I dislike the most, brings me the most joy now.

Stuck and Walk On
    Wow, didn't have an idea about your fight. Walk On dude! Want to see you right up to the ascending path again soon
  12. So there's this photo: https://u2start.com/photos/view/27915/#

Allegedly it belongs to 1981-10-14 - Cardiff, Wales - Top Rank

Just like many other gigs from the early 80s, it's a show without a known setlist. But in that old photo there's the written setlist behind Adam. Any guess about the songs that might have been performed? The only one I can guess (or try to) is Out Of Control as the closer. Any help?