1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Yep. Lovetown for obvious reasons , and i/e for the simple fact they came no where near me and I don't have the luxury of travelling I once had. Even now, while Nashville is close enough to tempt me, I'll likely do just Atlanta. I'm desperately trying to find 2 extra GA's for my kids. If I don't score them, I may regret missing Nashville.

8 tours... that puts you all the way back to Zoo TV? That's not too shabby either, my friend!
    I feel your pain. I've seen every tour since PopMart (6 for those playing at home) and my wife worked for an airline before being promoted to Stay-At-Home-Mom, so I was able to travel as well; for U2 that mean Vertigo Vancouver, where i stumbled upon the COBL video shoot (yep I count that towards my 17 U2 shows) and Vertigo Dublin which certainly paid off for me. Still can't believe they're not hitting Toronto, and unfortunately financially (did I mention SAHM ) I just can't make it to any shows; I'm only 6 hrs from Montreal but my wife is due with our 2nd (a son!) on June 11th so I'm staying close to home. Love U2, but seriously wasn't a hard choice to make. God Bless my wife too, she knows what U2 means to me. She's encouraging me to try to make something work, though the only remote chance would be NYC July 1. I'd have to split hotel, travel, oh and also get some tickets lol! Honestly, as I've been following the tour, I'm okay that this is the one I'm missing. I haven't really loved the album (I really don't understand the fascination with Red Flag Day), and nothing has been like "Oh wow, I gotta see that" and yes I'm including Acrobat.
  2. I love how smooth Bono sounds saying "baby let’s get in the water" on Red Flag Day
  3. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    I feel your pain. I've seen every tour since PopMart (6 for those playing at home) and my wife worked for an airline before being promoted to Stay-At-Home-Mom, so I was able to travel as well; for U2 that mean Vertigo Vancouver, where i stumbled upon the COBL video shoot (yep I count that towards my 17 U2 shows) and Vertigo Dublin which certainly paid off for me. Still can't believe they're not hitting Toronto, and unfortunately financially (did I mention SAHM ) I just can't make it to any shows; I'm only 6 hrs from Montreal but my wife is due with our 2nd (a son!) on June 11th so I'm staying close to home. Love U2, but seriously wasn't a hard choice to make. God Bless my wife too, she knows what U2 means to me. She's encouraging me to try to make something work, though the only remote chance would be NYC July 1. I'd have to split hotel, travel, oh and also get some tickets lol! Honestly, as I've been following the tour, I'm okay that this is the one I'm missing. I haven't really loved the album (I really don't understand the fascination with Red Flag Day), and nothing has been like "Oh wow, I gotta see that" and yes I'm including Acrobat.
    growing up has its setbacks, but obviously it also reaps its rewards... congrats on #2!
  4. Thanks Greg! Had a quick read of your FOTM interview, and I agree with you on the A Day Without Me / I Threw A Brick. I think that could easily have been a regular rotation on the early set in both i+e and e+i!
  5. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    Thanks Greg! Had a quick read of your FOTM interview, and I agree with you on the A Day Without Me / I Threw A Brick. I think that could easily have been a regular rotation on the early set in both i+e and e+i!
  6. Does anyone else have:

1. A song by U2 that you love and really want to hear live...
    2. ...that they played sem-regularly on a given tour...
    3. ...but when you saw them on that tour they did not play it?

Was listening to "In A Little While" this morning and playing along on guitar a bit and had this thought. It's one of my all-time favorite tunes on an album that otherwise I don't care for too much. They played it a fair amount on the 360 tour, which was my first U2 tour seeing live...but despite catching 3 shows on that tour, they never played this one at the shows I was at.
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:Does anyone else have:

Was listening to "In A Little While" this morning and playing along on guitar a bit and had this thought. It's one of my all-time favorite tunes on an album that otherwise I don't care for too much. They played it a fair amount on the 360 tour, which was my first U2 tour seeing live...but despite catching 3 shows on that tour, they never played this one at the shows I was at.
    Good question, there’s a few I could name but I’ll try and limit the definition of semi regular to songs that were played almost every other night and that would be Staring at the sun and All I Want is you. I attended 1 elevation tour show so got stay and bad which I think were the better songs anyway but still i’d like to tick that pair of my list, I did get a snippet of SATS but that doesn’t count to me.
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:Does anyone else have:

The electric co
    They played it fairly often on the ie tour but when I saw them at MSG they did not,
    real bummer as that song is one of my favorites behind Last Night on Earth, Mofo, and Gone
  9. Am I the only one who rates October higher than War and Unforgettable Fire?
  10. Not the only one, but yes you belong to an endemic species
  11. Listening to The Unforgettable Fire.

Thinking how Elvis Presley and America sounds like if they had said "you know that awesome Edge's chiming guitar sound effect in Bad, like if there were a thousand birds singing at the same time? yes? well, let's do that again, but now using drums instead of a guitar."
  12. SOE tour has the feeling of a last tour. They are sticking to a certain setlist that has a feeling of somber. The show is a bit depressing really. And they are sticking to that theme so far. There’s not much fun in the show. No more Wild Horses. They said SOE is about defiant joy but it seems to be the opposite to me. Listen to the lyrics on the album and most are depressing. Even RFD and Summer of Love is depressing. Showman is probably their most uplifting song. Anyhow it just seems odd they are really sticking to their script this tour. Not much variation. It’s purposeful. 13. Like a goodbye and some advice.