1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It seemed to be a bit of a rotational for that leg so maybe they just thought one of the newer songs was a good shout to rotate. I don’t think it was as successful a single as WOWY and ISHFWILF in terms of chart position at the time so they were maybe more of a focus for the band at that point. Edit: In fact it hadn’t even been released as a single until August which is when the leg ended so maybe they just hadn’t realised the songs potential yet.
    I'm sure I've read that they didn't have time to rehearse it before the European leg, thus meaning they didn't play it at some of the shows. I could be wrong though.
  2. That World in action doc was brilliant . Can remember watching wide eyed as an 18 year old
  3. Love that part when Bono goes “Up, up, up!” And the crowd goes nuts. Chills.
  4. I don’t think there is a better, sonically speaking, moment in U2’s live archive than the segue of Running to Stand Still into Streets on Zoo Tv. That one minute stretch instrumental never ceases to give me chills and just make me think of a better future or something. Really wish they would revisit that sound, it’s hard to describe exactly what it is but that moment has to be my ultimate favorite.
  5. The lack of The Joshua Tree from e+i had me thinking about album representation on U2's tours.

The last tour to feature at least one song from every album (incl. Passengers) was the Vertigo Tour:
    October with Gloria, Zooropa with The First Time, Pop with Discotheque, the other albums with their usual suspects. However, none of the shows on that tour represented all (11, at the time) albums. Discotheque, and therefore Pop, was only present in two shows, which just fell short of representing all of the albums; neither show featured Gloria (and therefore, October) or Rattle & Hum.

The 360 tour came extremely close. Every album was represented with at least one song except Pop. Some shows featured a song from each of the non-Pop albums (plus Passengers), but represented Pop with a snippet of Discotheque in Crazy Tonight and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me from the Pop era. But neither of those quite count.

The last show to feature all of U2's albums (at the time) was 1990-01-09 Rotterdam on the Lovetown tour!

Will we ever see all of U2's albums represented in one concert again? Maybe their final show?
  6. I know a lot of people who are bummed about the band not playing any Joshua Tree songs, but I had an interesting conversation with someone at work who is what I would consider a "casual plus" U2 fan. She's seen them a few times and is just overall a music buff. she was saying how she's tired of the Joshua Tree. She thinks the album is a masterpiece but all you ever hear is Streets, Found, and With or Without You as they're played to death both on the radio and in concert. Her favorite album is Unforgettable Fire and she was saying how she likes Boy, War, "Zootopia", didn't like SOI and likes a few tracks from SOE. It's nice to hear what non-die hards think. To make a very long story short, I think it's good that they're ignoring JT, especially after the longer than planned JT 2017 tour. You know all of these songs wills come back, and do you know how amazing it's going to be? Just naturally in a setlist and not forced like JT 2017. I think it's a brilliant and ballsy move for a band at this stage of their career. Sure they're still playing overplayed warhorses like Vertigo, Elevation, and One, but they're the biggest rock band on the planet. As much as would rather have some obscure rarities thrown in there, they still need hits. And for the amount of songs this tour, going from 27 to 23. They're 60 and touring every night. Sure, Bruce plays 3 hours, but Bruce also almost didnt die a couple years back.
  7. The ground beneath her feet is one of their best works
  8. U2 has a lot of soundtrack and experimental work that I wish they would do more of. I have a playlist of various non album U2 tracks that just fit a vibe and its honestly one of my favorite U2 things to listen to. MDH + Passengers + JT b sides like Wave of Sorrow and Walk to the Water = good shit
  9. Originally posted by guykirk9:I don’t think there is a better, sonically speaking, moment in U2’s live archive than the segue of Running to Stand Still into Streets on Zoo Tv. That one minute stretch instrumental never ceases to give me chills and just make me think of a better future or something. Really wish they would revisit that sound, it’s hard to describe exactly what it is but that moment has to be my ultimate favorite.
    Same here, I've had times when I would rewind and relisten this part again and again. The intro of Streets is the best moment already, but this combination with RTSS appeals to something much bigger than just music for me.
  10. I quite like the bit between Discotheque & Velvet Dress .