1. Originally posted by Release3:I can’t remember where I saw this, but I remember people questioning whether bono was getting some help with auto tune on 360. Not completely digital like in Love Is All We Have Left, but just a smidge. I might overthink it when listening to 360 boots now lol I just thought I remember seeing that somewhere
    I thought I could hear it on some 360 live recordings, but there was definitely no auto-tone or pitch assistance in any of the shows I saw on the last three tours.

In fact, he’s sounded better on those tours than on 360 IMO.
  2. He hasn't sounded anything like 360 since.

Was just browsing through some saved videos and found this. The range and the passion he sang with then was miles beyond anything since. Hard to believe it's been nearly nine years since this particular show and 10 since 360 kicked off

3. Originally posted by dylbagz:He hasn't sounded anything like 360 since.

Was just browsing through some saved videos and found this. The range and the passion he sang with then was miles beyond anything since. Hard to believe it's been nearly nine years since this particular show and 10 since 360 kicked off

[YouTube Video]
    That's right, I've been defending that Bono's vocals have been steadily going downhill since the last word sung in Moncton 2011.
  4. I bet $100 we get some kind of HD footage of the Yankee Stadium show for the 30th anniversary for AB or Zoo TV
  5. Originally posted by dylbagz:He hasn't sounded anything like 360 since.

[YouTube Video]
    This version is one of the best ever
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That's right, I've been defending that Bono's vocals have been steadily going downhill since the last word sung in Moncton 2011.
    Some thing went better on IE Tour in 2015, he had gain more tone in his voice and sang the songs more.
    The 2015 version of the old songs was better than in years, WOWY, WTSHNN, Pride, Gloria, Eletric Co was superb on the 2015 tour.
    The Jools Holland performence and Mtv awards was one of his best ever.

Just listen from 2:20:43 in this video(WTSHNN)
  7. From listening to bootlegs the last time I was completely blown away by Bono's vocal performance (for most of a show) was the 5th Leg of the Vertigo Tour...

Like there is no way in the world he could sing SYCMIOYO now, or the high notes of Vertigo or Kite or the way he sung Beautiful Day belting out the "touch" in "you can touch me" (seriously give that a listen!), and he's obviously given up on singing Pavarotti's part in Miss Sarajevo... the list goes on. I think age is playing a big factor now, but that was always gonna happen I'm hopeful to see a refreshed Bono on tour this year but I don't have super high hopes
  8. I think he adjusted his singing style during TJT17 and E&I.
    He might have lost some range (and rage) in his voice, but very often there is a lot of depth in his singing now, at least in my opinion. Listen to Rome 17 oder Love Is Bigger...
  9. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:[..]
    Some thing went better on IE Tour in 2015, he had gain more tone in his voice and sang the songs more.
    The 2015 version of the old songs was better than in years, WOWY, WTSHNN, Pride, Gloria, Eletric Co was superb on the 2015 tour.
    The Jools Holland performence and Mtv awards was one of his best ever.

Just listen from 2:20:43 in this video(WTSHNN)
    [YouTube Video]
    That Streets vocal is one of a kind, we've been talking about it for a long time. Most of the times that range and power is gone.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That Streets vocal is one of a kind, we've been talking about it for a long time. Most of the times that range and power is gone.
    Yeah that was a fairly rare night. Maybe even one of the last truly great performances
  11. Chicago 5 is mentioned so many times haha
  12. His vocals on 360 were so insane that it honestly crossed my mind that he'd partaken in some voodoo magic. It was just weird how GREAT he sounded at the time.