1. Obviously not
  2. I just hope that the band, mainly Bono, can accept this. You’re never gonna have a top 10, 20, or maybe even a top 30 single ever again. Just go in and make the music you want to make. I think going in without “trying too hard” will probably be the best recipe for any chart success.
  3. I think they have accepted it if they do an AB30 tour...
  4. Nope. When’s the last time the Stones had a top 10? I would say the 90’s or even late 80’s?? U2’s top 10 commercial success day’s are behind them and I can care less if that’s the case.
  5. I’m going to hop on the side of ‘yes’ with an exclamation mark!

Yes ii think they are capable of a Top Ten Single again however it will only happen if they stop trying desperately to score one!

They need to relax and enjoy the music making process and not be grief stricken at the prospect of the final mix for a potential single.

You only have to look at the release of ‘You’re The best Thing’! They hedged their bets with all those different mix’s that ‘slipped’ out to see which mix might grab a hold of an audience, as it turned out none of the mixes really made an impression although i love the song it’s one of my favourites !
  6. Originally posted by DanialGowans:I’m going to hop on the side of ‘yes’ with an exclamation mark!

Yes ii think they are capable of a Top Ten Single again however it will only happen if they stop trying desperately to score one!

They need to relax and enjoy the music making process and not be grief stricken at the prospect of the final mix for a potential single.

You only have to look at the release of ‘You’re The best Thing’! They hedged their bets with all those different mix’s that ‘slipped’ out to see which mix might grab a hold of an audience, as it turned out none of the mixes really made an impression although i love the song it’s one of my favourites !
    That isn’t totally accurate though. While certainly not a top ten the song was their highest charting in ages. Also it got a lot of praise from people.
  7. What charts are we talking about? Some only counting digital sales, some only streams, some combined, some only vinyl sales.

I think U2 has a strong base who buys only physical releases (at least i do). And they never got that much streams as a Katy Perry, Beyonce, Ed Sheeran or whatever populair artist nowadays have.
  8. I forgot to mention the radio airplay. I listen a lot to dutch Radio2 and belgian Studio Brussel. Best thing was played well on the radio, but not quite as much as Ordinairy Love. They still play Ordinary Love sometimes, so i think that on the radio Ordinary Love was their last hit.
  9. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    That isn’t totally accurate though. While certainly not a top ten the song was their highest charting in ages. Also it got a lot of praise from people.
    Sorta nit picking at me there ... i actually really love the song , and my long suffering ( i play u2 to death around them .... infact when i start to talk about Bono their eyes glaze over lol ) friends really dug it also