1. Yes I would have liked to see The Troubles close to. They could leave the stage in the same way they do with 40, but Edge is the last one on the catwalk doing an extended outro on the guitar solo.
  2. Yeah I thought The Troubles was a nailed on closer when I first heard it. Would’ve been interesting to hear them do it with Edge taking Lykke Li’s part rather than playback. A lot of people talk about leaving on a high but I just love it when U2 send you home in a deep dark pit haha. Those karaoke endings were disappointing.
  3. Here’s that Stand By Me

4. Originally posted by iTim:Yeah I thought The Troubles was a nailed on closer when I first heard it. Would’ve been interesting to hear them do it with Edge taking Lykke Li’s part rather than playback. A lot of people talk about leaving on a high but I just love it when U2 send you home in a deep dark pit haha. Those karaoke endings were disappointing.
    Wash your mouth before talking about "40" you Brit!!!
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:Just a random thought. When they tour, U2 normally open and close with a song from the album they're touring. Did they ever close with an SOI song on IE?
    The list of 25 top closers is nice to study. You wouldn't expect seeing Fire, or Beautiful Day there (that's the danger of these stats out of context, they include promo and various appearances). And I would have guessed Bad was at a much higher count than just 17 shows.

40 (401)
    Walk On (109)
    Moment Of Surrender (101)
    One (89)
    Can't Help Falling In Love (88)
    Love Is Blindness (68)
    13 (There Is A Light) (59)
    The Ocean (58)
    Vertigo (49)
    I Will Follow (43)
    Out of Control (35)
    Unchained Melody (22)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (20)
    Wake Up Dead Man (20)
    11 O'Clock Tick Tock (17)
    Bad (17)
    With or Without You (14)
    The Little Things That Give You Away (12)
    MLK (12)
    Every Breaking Wave (7)
    Kite (7)
    Fire (7)
    Get on Your Boots (7)
    Beautiful Day (7)
    I Shall Be Released (6)
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Yeah I thought The Troubles was a nailed on closer when I first heard it. Would’ve been interesting to hear them do it with Edge taking Lykke Li’s part rather than playback. A lot of people talk about leaving on a high but I just love it when U2 send you home in a deep dark pit haha. Those karaoke endings were disappointing.
    I thought Lykke Li would join them on Swedish shows for this song...
  7. The Troubles Is another example of a song where U2 failed to perform a good live version. Which is ashame for this great song.
  8. Originally posted by iTim:They didn’t, unfortunately.

Closing songs
    - One (36)
    - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (19)
    - 40 (17)
    - People Have The Power (3)
    - Stand By Me (1)

Stand By Me was Toronto 1 apparently, following Still Haven’t Found...it doesn’t ring a bell as to why it’s not a snippet.

All in all, IE had some of the weakest closers which is a shame.

They always* play a Lennon song in Toronto. U2 associate Toronto with the Lennon murder. They were there the next night for their first Canadian gig.
  9. *mostly not always