1. Really?? I mean they are both good songs but top 10?

2. Ah here that's pushing it a bit too far decent songs but nowhere near top 10 IMO.
  3. I’d probably put Little Things in the top 30, Moment of Surrender top 50. Hard to say exactly where there’s a lot of songs that I think are on par with each and I take different preferences for but I don’t think I could stretch to put Little Things into the top 20 and I don’t think I could put Moment Of Surrender in the top 40. They’re not even my favourite on each of the albums they’re on.
  4. IGCIIDGCT it's the only "memorable" single from NLOTH that could appear in a compilation album by the band, IMO

magnificent & mos didn't age so well for me
  5. Originally posted by hedyzera:IGCIIDGCT is the only "memorable" single from NLOTH that could appear in a compilation album by the band, IMO

Funny, I think it's the opposite. I'll Go Crazy sounds like a desperate attempt to produce a radio friendly song among a bunch of more experimental tunes. Magnificent and MOS still sound fantastic to me.
  6. Originally posted by hedyzera:IGCIIDGCT is the only "memorable" single from NLOTH that could appear in a compilation album by the band, IMO

For me it's the worst song from the album (live it was nice).
    I still like Fez, Unknown Caller, NLOTH, Breathe, Magnifcent and I wasn't fan of MOS at beginning but by time I started to like it...
  7. I think Moment Of Surrender is a true gem. But the hidden champion to me - even if not included on the album - is Soon. What a phantastic rough sounding track in the high spirits of Zooropa and Pop.

8. later, the band shows that this is what they really wanted from NLOTH
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:I’d probably put Little Things in the top 30, Moment of Surrender top 50. Hard to say exactly where there’s a lot of songs that I think are on par with each and I take different preferences for but I don’t think I could stretch to put Little Things into the top 20 and I don’t think I could put Moment Of Surrender in the top 40. They’re not even my favourite on each of the albums they’re on.
    MOS & Little Things are Adam Clayton's 2 of the top 5 studio recorded / album songs, imho.
  10. MOS just plods along and doesn't really hit the heights that it should, although I like the live version from the Rosebowl especially when Bono does his rap at the end.
  11. Probably most of you have already seen this, but Eno said MOS should’ve been the first single. Stating no other band could release a song like this as a single and get it played on the radio. Was the band gun shy in putting out a single that’s not radio friendly? My thoughts are if the band didn’t have the all the successes of the early-mid 00s they would’ve been less safe and gone down the bold route with singles like MOS on this album. Possibly could’ve had more success with the album.

12. Originally posted by CrashCaderz:Probably most of you have already seen this, but Eno said MOS should’ve been the first single. Stating no other band could release a song like this as a single and get it played on the radio. Was the band gun shy in putting out a single that’s not radio friendly? My thoughts are if the band didn’t have the all the successes of the early-mid 00s they would’ve been less safe and gone down the bold route with singles like MOS on this album. Possibly could’ve had more success with the album.

[YouTube Video]
    It's an interesting idea but I still think this was the start of their "irrelevance" so it didn't really matter which song they put out.They were 50 year olds,an aging legend of a band that still had a huge fanbase but the general public had moved on from.The previous album was their last hurrah as far as hit songs are concerned.