1. Also just my two cents on Boots - it would have been a really cool jam if the lyrics & lyrical melody committed more to the "Moroccan vibe"

The chorus (and the little post-chorus that Edge gives after the first chorus) tie a rock riff to their original central Moroccan motif of the album, but Bono did a narrow-sighted, boring, hammy We Didn't Start the Fire variation and it downright killed the song.

Even keeping the simple hook and the "let me in the sound" section are sonically cool moves for U2. I will stand firmly on Bono being the only thing wrong with that song.
  2. NLOTH is great, Get on your boots is the worst thing ever.
  3. i'll go crazy if i don't go crazy tonight had a lot of potential too. (to me the best single from NLOTH) live version is boring to me
  4. Originally posted by hedyzera:i'll go crazy if i don't go crazy tonight had a lot of potential too. (to me the best single from NLOTH) live version is boring to me
    I'm totally opposite: album version is boring (one of their worst song), but live it was fun!
  5. Yes live version seemed like a lot of fun!
  6. The first 4 songs of NLOTH are still in my mind the best EP U2 would have ever released.
  7. Agreed.
  8. Let's make it the first 5 songs and that would be an amazing EP. I might mix up the order though.
  9. NLOTH the song has some of the worst Bono vocals
  10. When I bought NLOTH, I wasn't even out of the parking lot of the store when I had the title track blasting through my car, and I remember thinking right there in the lot - "He wants to be Jack White"

I think he pushes his voice and sings a little "squeaky" on NLOTH on purpose, trying to make it almost a bridge between anthemic U2 and garage rock. I'm not saying it makes it any better, just always been my impression. The vocals on the rest of the album are decent, nay?

NLOTH still my favorite track on the album, so I'm willing to die on its hill any day
  11. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    When I bought NLOTH, I wasn't even out of the parking lot of the store when I had the title track blasting through my car, and I remember thinking right there in the lot - "He wants to be Jack White"

I think he pushes his voice and sings a little "squeaky" on NLOTH on purpose, trying to make it almost a bridge between anthemic U2 and garage rock. I'm not saying it makes it any better, just always been my impression. The vocals on the rest of the album are decent, nay?

NLOTH still my favorite track on the album, so I'm willing to die on its hill any day
    1:42

AhhahaAHAHoh

Also I love the title of this thread. We’ll change it to 10 years soon!
  12. NLOTH is also my favorite, I was front row in Glendale and went crazy as they played it.. didn't really go off with the crowd, though. I really preferred the album version of I'll Go Crazy..still listen to the Somerville recording from time to time