1. Oh my gosh! Very tough indeed. Ironic considering the second half of TJT was the hardest batch of songs for me to get into (in comparission with the first four songs/hits).

Running all the way to Exit are just pure magic, beautiful and exhuberant batch of songs!

But my choice had to go with Mothers. Out of all the second half, it's the song that always strikes me emotionally, rattles my bones, make my hair stand on end and sends shivers down my spine. The music, the lyrics, everything - so strinkingly superb. Especally the lyrics bring so much imagery of innocent casulaties of the Pinochet death squads and the many mothers of those lost children. All of them were Salvadorian, so being of Hispanic ancestory myself, this song especally touches me very deeply.

In the trees, our sons stand naked
    Through the walls our daughters cry
    See their tears in the rainfall

I mean, those lyrics alone, especally in conjuction with the music, brings the sheer imagery to mind and it makes slightly teary everytime I hear it.

Mothers all the way for me.
  2. Red Hill Mining Town, Bono's vocals are on top form, hauntingly great song.
  3. The Joshua Tree turns 24 on March 9, which no-hit song do you like the most? (poll started on 2011-03-08)

Running To Stand Still - 23.9%
    One Tree Hill - 20.7%
    Exit - 13.6%
    Bullet The Blue Sky - 13.3%
    In God's Country - 11.3%
    Red Hill Mining Town - 10.1%
    Mothers Of The Disappeared - 5%
    Trip Through Your Wires - 2%

Votes: 1077