1. Originally posted by cologne_flyColdplay

Very funny
  2. Originally posted by spiral_staircasewaouh !!! i'd really love to "SEE" them live !!!
    is it a DVD or a rip ?

It's a DVD! Their With Or Without You is one of the best covers ever IMHO.
  3. Originally posted by sdking91I guess I just disagree then. I just think it's incredibly lame that there are bands out there who aren't creative enough to make their own material, so they have to play the songs of the biggest band in the world in order to perform. Plus it just sounds bad.

U2 covered Help, Maggie's Farm, Come On Everybody, People Get Ready, Helter Skelter, All Along the Watchtower, Satellite of Love, Unchained Melody, We Will Rock You, and (most notably) The Saints Are Coming live. Playing other people's material doesn't make a band any less spectacular.

Originally posted by remyIt's a DVD! Their With Or Without You is one of the best covers ever IMHO.

Do you happen to have this DVD?
  4. Originally posted by TheCowboy[..]

Do you happen to have this DVD?

Yep I have it.
  5. Originally posted by vox4lifeThe Unforgettable Fire, Elevation USA, and The Joshua Tree are probably the top 3 U2 tribute bands in the States. They're based in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, respectively. All three of them are outstanding!

Out of the 3 you mentioned, I saw Elevation USA. I agree they are very good...Another band here in the Chicago area is Vertigo USA. They are better than Elevation and the singer looks and sounds just like Bono! I couldn't believe it...

Also, I agree--I like to see tribute bands...you could hear all the songs performed the way they are in concert. It's not like U2 is in concert all the time....this way you can see them when you want and it doesn't cost as much, either!!! And you have a great time!!!!
  6. Originally posted by vox4lifeThe Unforgettable Fire, Elevation USA, and The Joshua Tree are probably the top 3 U2 tribute bands in the States. They're based in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, respectively. All three of them are outstanding!

My mistake, accidentally hit this one twice....
  7. Kane's version of Acrobat is quite good..although they never can reach U2's level
  8. Originally posted by kellogs24http://www.austu2show.com/default.asp
    This lot are AMAZING
    And whats more, the lead is a dead spit for Bono and has been used as Bono at events and things around town
    Check em out!

LOOL they're just amazing, good music and great looking! Check out their UltraViolet live ( http://www.esnips.com/doc/16c1c22b-1659-4a6d-bede-416612c3775f/Ultraviolet-light.mp3 ), even with TELEPHONE CALL as MacPhisto!!!!
    I think I would really enjoy a concert of a cover band, with other fans surrounding to me and U2 music in a place out of my house!!! I think I'll go to the next cover concert here in Spain.

See you!
  9. In Holland there is Crystal Dream. There is nothing to tell more, you have to close your eyes en you hear U2. The singer is not "cover"Bono but he has it one style, But the sound is amazing. Running to stand still and Kite are the best.
    www.crystaldream.nl
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

LOOL they're just amazing, good music and great looking! Check out their UltraViolet live ( http://www.esnips.com/doc/16c1c22b-1659-4a6d-bede-416612c3775f/Ultraviolet-light.mp3 ), even with TELEPHONE CALL as MacPhisto!!!!
    I think I would really enjoy a concert of a cover band, with other fans surrounding to me and U2 music in a place out of my house!!! I think I'll go to the next cover concert here in Spain.

See you!

I've seen these guys...what? Three times now and they are truly fantastic!