1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1986-01-30 - Dublin, Ireland - RTE2 Studios. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist

Woman Fish
    Trip Through Your Wires
    Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Comments:
    U2 appear on late night Irish TV and play two new songs. One, Womanfish, has never been performed elsewhere or released in any form; Bono claims it is about a mermaid the band met in America. The other is a very early version of Trip Through Your Wires introduced as "I Trip Through Your Wires", during which Bono sings "in this town" repeatedly. After these two songs, the band cover a Bob Dylan song to conclude their set. The set is ramshackle and the band are almost certainly drunk, particularly Bono.

This bootleg is available from Mediafire, as a 5-star recording.

Show Page
    1986-01-30 - Dublin, Ireland - RTE2 Studios
  2. Originally posted by Remy:Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1986-01-30 - Dublin, Ireland - RTE2 Studios. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

[image]

Setlist

Woman Fish
    Trip Through Your Wires
    Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Comments:
    U2 appear on late night Irish TV and play two new songs. One, Womanfish, has never been performed elsewhere or released in any form; Bono claims it is about a mermaid the band met in America. The other is a very early version of Trip Through Your Wires introduced as "I Trip Through Your Wires", during which Bono sings "in this town" repeatedly. After these two songs, the band cover a Bob Dylan song to conclude their set. The set is ramshackle and the band are almost certainly drunk, particularly Bono.

This bootleg is available from Mediafire, as a 5-star recording.

Show Page
    1986-01-30 - Dublin, Ireland - RTE2 Studios

The band is drunk ? Funny view
    Good choice to show of the month, I love this "mini-concert" and interview.. And Bono's style is motivational
  3. April Fool's -style BOTM. And how funny it is
  4. Another great show of the month I see?
  5. My second-favourite show ever. I'll be reviewing this one.
  6. can you even call it a show

7. Course you can. It's U2 playing a few songs therefore it's a show. You have to hear Womanfish - one of the great hidden songs.

It's better than Drunk Chicken (hey, another animal-in-the-title song). You don't get many of those besides Birdland and Wild Horses.
  8. Well played - for April 1st, that is.