1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1997-09-26 - Thessaloniki, Greece - Harbour Yard. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist

Mofo
    I Will Follow
    Gone
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Last Night On Earth
    Until The End Of The World
    New Year's Day
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    All I Want Is You / (Sitting On) The Dock Of The Bay (snippet)
    Desire
    Sugar Sugar (Edge Karaoke)
    Miami / My Mammy (snippet) / Cuba (snippet)
    Bullet The Blue Sky / The Message (snippet) / America (snippet)
    Please
    Where The Streets Have No Name

encore(s):
    Discothèque / Take Your Partner By The Hand (snippet) / Black Betty (snippet)
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    With Or Without You
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    Funky Town (snippet) / Mysterious Ways
    One
    Staring At The Sun

Comments:
    The show alone wasn't the only special thing (the first concert in Greece of U2), but the bootleg also has a special story. It only turned up a few years ago, hidden somewhere in Greece for more than 9 years. Lots of great snippets in this show, a great karaoke performance of the Edge and much more on this 4-star audience recording. Enjoy!

Show Page
    1997-09-26 - Thessaloniki, Greece - Harbour Yard
  2. This is truly what I call a hidden gem... hahaha It would be great if some other "lost" recordings like Portugal 97 or Mexico 92 surfaced every now and then, even if the quality is not super-duper. Oh anyway, let's enjoy this weirdo of a bootleg for the moment
  3. Anybody knows why they didn t play "Starin at the sun" in the right order of the setlist ?

4. I think they just wanted to try it out at the end in the quiet acoustic spot they usually have on popmart setlists. i guess it kinda makes sense, should be an interesting listen
  5. Originally posted by Hans23:[..]

I think they just wanted to try it out at the end in the quiet acoustic spot they usually have on popmart setlists. i guess it kinda makes sense, should be an interesting listen

When i hear the show i thought that it could have been due to a technical problem

When they must played the song maybe they had some problems to play it and when it was ending the show they fulfill their desire to play it .