1. stay at croke 3 was amazing, the crowd continued to sing after the song finished and delayed bono's speech. i agree that it is better in arena's but much better than stuck imo for the stadium shows.
  2. What a stupid question is this

I'm actually not sure about the answer... Probably a mix.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well, as much as I truly LOVE Stay, I have to admit that it doesn't work in this stage and this stadiums. This stage is designed to bring a rock show even closer to the audience, but it doesn't work that well when it comes to acoustic or slower songs. Stay is still a great song, but if I ever have the chance to witness it, I really would prefer witnessing it in a small venue like an arena rather than in a stadium.

Good observation, it's true that the acoustic songs on 360 stage don't seem to work the way they should. They always worked well in the b-stage area set up as the 'antidote to Zoo TV' or end of the PopMart runway. the set up lent an intimacy to the tracks' performances in contrast to the bombast of the big stage back drops.

They'll be allowed their own creation as a backdop at Glastonbury, but not a b-stage. So, any acoustic tracks need to have a singalong quality. Which is why I think they'd be better off playing Angel of Harlem, Desire in the acoustic spot rather than a track like Stuck in A Moment. Stay is one of their best songs and qualifies as a greatest hit, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it. Wild Horses or a Party Girl would be great. Wouldn't rule an attempt at a one-off cover.
  4. Either way i think they are going to be awesome. What would i do if i were them. I'd roll out a ton of hits...one after another. I'd also hope for alot of stuff from the 80's/90's. Only stuff from this decade i'd really want included would be BDay, Elevation, Vertigo, City, Boots. I would also be happy with all of the first five songs on the Joshua Tree making an appearance.
  5. Originally posted by TheRefugee:They'll be allowed their own creation as a backdop at Glastonbury, but not a b-stage. So, any acoustic tracks need to have a singalong quality. Which is why I think they'd be better off playing Angel of Harlem, Desire in the acoustic spot rather than a track like Stuck in A Moment. Stay is one of their best songs and qualifies as a greatest hit, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it. Wild Horses or a Party Girl would be great. Wouldn't rule an attempt at a one-off cover.

I think the cover slot will be filled with an extensive snippet of Stand By Me during ISHFWILF. And yes, if they do an acoustic track it needs to be one that can be followed and enjoyed by the crowd. You gave two great examples (3 if we count Party Girl), but I think they'll play AoH full electric.
  6. Play mainstream and rarities
    as easy as that
  7. Does "Zooropa" count as a "rarity?"

If so, they should play hits and rarities. If not, stick to the hits. They have enough to please EVERYBODY.
  8. They should just play hit after hit after hit.

From what you read about the festival the audience is somewhat sceptical - the only way to change this is to play the hits to get the "Oh - they did this song......and that one too!" type of reaction.

For this audience playing rarities will go down like a lead balloon.

A little bit of my would love to see them come on and play the whole first side of the Joshua Tree back to back to start with........
  9. because theyre playing to a non u2 audience, i would say play the hits. as a massive u2 fan, i cant wait to see the set they do at glasto. know im a lucky buggar getting a ticket, and cannot wait!
  10. Because they will not be playing to a crowd full of fans, I think that they will be smart to open with an Achtung baby set of songs, and then move on to the newest stuff, and zooropa, and the rest. Edgy will be good for Glastonbury
  11. What should U2 do to rock out Glastonbury this summer ? (poll started on 2011-05-22)

Play mainstream and rarities - 43.1%
    Doesn't matter, they'll rock out anyway - 29%
    Only play rarities - 13.3%
    Only play the mainstream hits - 11.2%
    Just play the usual 360 songs - 3.2%

Votes: 809