1. Where The Streets Have No Name is chosen to be U2start's favorite U2 song, in a really exciting final round the opening song of U2's Joshua Tree album was crowned as the number one with one vote more than the runner-up, surprisingly the song Ultra Violet (Light My Way) from the Achtung Baby album.

A total of 85 votes were received during the final round on the U2starts forums after numerous topics where all other songs dropped off. In the end only these 2 songs remained in this best-song tournament hosted by U2start member liveitup2dmx.
  2. wow, one vote difference.
  3. well, i voted for Violet all the time, but Streets deserves to win It's the most brilliant live song with the best intro you can think of
  4. I'm glad that my own favorite song is the most favorite of all members here!
  5. blast.
    i was really hoping ultraviolet would win.
    oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted.
  6. we want a recount!!!!
  7. While Streets was the winner, I'm still glad to see that Ultraviolet finally got the credit it deserves.
  8. I was also very surprised to see Ultraviolet get to the final round! Though, if I could have guessed from the beginning, I would have said STREETS would win. It's just an overall popular song.

Here were some fun facts that I picked up after going back through the stats

++Ultraviolet only got SIX votes in the first round, compared to One + Acrobat's TEN.

++There was a clearer cut between first and second place on Zooropa versus Original Soundtracks.

++Mercy, a song many of you claim to be "LEGENDARY", received the least amount of votes in the first ETC. round of the songs that moved on, although it came in 1st in Round 2's etc.

++ Love Is Blindness was the only song that was in both Wildcards, although it was just short of moving on from the second one.

++In round one, the least amount of votes that 1st place had over 2nd was TWO. Only three songs got 1st by 2 votes, and STREETS was one of them (with 16, WoWY had 14).

++In Round 2, Ultraviolet beat over BOTH Acrobat and One, which it came in third to during the 1st round.

++ Based on votes from Round 2, the favorite song from each album would look like this:

Boy: Electric Co
    October: October
    War: Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Unforgettable Fire: Bad
    Joshua Tree; Streets
    Rattle and Hum: All I Want Is You
    Achtung Baby: Ultraviolet and Acrobat (never performed tiebreaker)
    Zooropa: Stay
    Org. Soundtracks: Miss Sarajevo
    Pop: Please
    All That You Cant Leave Behind: Walk On
    How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: City Of Blinding Lights
    ETC: Mercy

++ The two songs that won were also voted as the most popular of their decade.

++ ONE vote would have made the difference in the final round (it would have forced a tie, two would have flipped the winner). And all you Americans ask what the point of voting is and you never get heard...U2Start Song Poll 2007 (U2SP 2k7) proves you wrong!
  9. Oh I forgot to add, if anyone had any constructive criticism or suggestions for if I ever do this here or somewhere else again, I would appreciate it! Thanks guys!
  10. i have found a show without streets!!!!! look up jt tour in california cow town one of those ones
  11. Originally posted by thebonodrumsi have found a show without streets!!!!! look up jt tour in california cow town one of those ones

Let me guess, it was a show before 1987!