1. so the surprise mentioned by Dallas is larry snippeting Perfect day? .. in "perfect" ZooTv style .. i have to say that i prefer those epic songs he sang upon that time .. kidding a bit Perfect day is a great great song.
    what about the supposed festival with Metallica and Green Day? i don't know why but i don't get it too much seriously.
    finally but not complaining ... i read something like that the setlist mustn't be changed because is perfect (again this word in this post ) .. very questionable if only because there could be lots of setlists that could be the same .. maybe (surely for me) even more
    i say it again .. i'm not complaining
  2. glad you feel the same as me ronnie.

3. all over these years i 'm loving them i got used to the "staticity" of the setlist; what this leg is making me is that even the little rotations seem to be lost
    and what makes even more is that everything they're doing seem to be according to Glastonbury, great event ok world wide event but .. i think that a U2 tour is something sacred for being "sacrificed" for just that date .. maybe i still feel them in a too much romantic way.
    said that i'm still envious of the american fans these days

4. Still kinda sad about the Pop, they are so close to at least one song from each album but it goes pretty downhill with Pop songs xD: pomart 11 => elevation 5 => vertigo 1 => 360 0
  5. It would appear (like others have said already) that they are either holding back for Glastonbury or polishing up this current set to play at Glastonbury. That's pretty shit for us following setlists but this is how the band works. look at the setlists that preceded the Rose Bowl show. All identical. They are just afraid of cocking up.

Make no mistake though, the current setlist isn't exactly poor is it (Zooropa ffs) and Joe public is hardly gonna be disappointed with what he sees.

Glastonbury is worth more to the band at the moment than the tail end of a 2 year tour.
  6. all right observations indeed
    we, at least i, speak from our/mine point of view of course and as i said during these many years i got used to these things.
    according to their fears in making mistakes how can they be playing for example New year's day in place of i will follow like they're used to? i'm talking about new songs at this point of the tour, just the usual rotation.
    Joe public likes what he sees and i would too if i will have the lucky to attend to the shows
  7. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

Rehearsals for Glasto? although on Monday the 13th they will be in NY for a Spiderman thing? Anahiem will have some setlist changes i think

Anaheim along with Montreal will have the most setlist changes.
  8. They seem to be doing what they did as a lead up to the Rose Bowl 2009 show/broadcast - keeping everything the same so when the big night comes, they'll be ready. I don't think this is the appropriate path to take for Glasto, however. Hopefully, they will continue to rehearse "The Fly" and get it into some of the remaining shows.
  9. how many shows before Glastonbury? 4? with the 2 of Anaheim .. so yes The fly is going to come out at the second date there .. maybe
  10. So I did some back checking regarding the original tour dates and I think the 10 day gap may have been intentionally placed this time around. In the original tour schedule, the biggest gap was 5 days. Also, the order of the American dates are quite jumbled up compared to what they are now. Anyhow, my guess is that the gap is to allow the band rehearsal time to prep for Glasto and to allow Bono and Edge to deal with the Spiderman musical.
  11. I seriously doubt the gap was "planned" for any specific purpose. It just worked out that way rescheduling dates based on availability of the venues for stage construction and their itinerary. They may use a day or two for some type of run through to see if any new song orders they are thinking of doing will work. (my guess would be soundcheck before one of the shows or before Baltimore and nothing else). But they will not rehearse for any significant period of time most likely. Edge has a home in Malibu, my guess is they relax most of that time. They hate rehearsing, especially Bono. I think the songs they plan to use for Glastonbury they have played on the tour and have down pretty well. Other than the possible setlist order, I think the only thing "new" would be The Fly for Glastonbury.
  12. Larry singing