1. Originally posted by Alvin:John Cale, Massive Attack tonight,
    Chemical Brothers, David Byrne, Them There and more tomorrow
    All on Metronome festival in Prague
    And how were Massive Attack? Perhaps the band that has been on my bucket list the longest, along with The Killers (I know, I know, its just never happened)
  2. Yeah! Apparently the set starts with some real old stuff:

WOODSTOCK INTRO
    1. SOUL SACRIFICE
    2. JINGO
    3. EVIL WAYS/ A LOVE SUPREME
    4. [rotational]
    5. BLACK MAGIC WOMAN / GYPSY QUEEN
    6. OYE COMO VA
    7. [rotational: likely Europa or Samba Pa Ti]
    […]

After that I'm all good
  3. Holy crap, the Love Supreme tie-in to Evil Ways will be so cool! What a start to the show...
  4. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    And how were Massive Attack? Perhaps the band that has been on my bucket list the longest, along with The Killers (I know, I know, its just never happened)
    they were great but not a good sound... overbassed and through the bass walls it was hard to hear anything else in many songs. played old and new stuff...
  5. That opening was indeed awesum

Very inspired show from Carlos up until Toussaint L'Overture. The songs were long and it felt like Carlos having a great jam.

The encores were a bit on the auto-pilot, at least that's how I felt it. It was as if Carlos had used all his insperation for the first 90 or 100 minutes.

The band was great though and the encores were really good for dancing.

Cindy Blackman Santana's drum solo was totally awesum and Ray Greene and Andy Vargas on vocals dod a fantastic job.

I'm not sure what the rotationals were (well, "Europa" instead of "Samba Pa Ti"), but it was a truely magnificant first part of the show.

Compared to the current U2 show, it is crazy to think how much more force U2 throws in when it comes to stage and production. All that Santana uses is a very small video screen on the back of the stage. I didn't mind though, because for a large part of the show I was just listening and let the music come.

Happy to have heard this guitar legend live at least once in my life
  6. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    they were great but not a good sound... overbassed and through the bass walls it was hard to hear anything else in many songs. played old and new stuff...
    Their setlists right now look amazing (opening with Hymn of the Big Wheel?!) but I gotta admit I'd be a little bummed going to a Massive Attack show and not hearing Teardrop.
  7. Snow Patrol Oberhausen
  8. Tommorrow Queen with Adam Lambert in Antwerp.
  9. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    Their setlists right now look amazing (opening with Hymn of the Big Wheel?!) but I gotta admit I'd be a little bummed going to a Massive Attack show and not hearing Teardrop.
    yeah that's true...
  10. Guns 'n Roses in my backyard this Wednesday. It's been 25 years since I last saw them.

11. The Liverpool Feis!
  12. Taylor Swift is up next. Things we do for our kids.