1. 'Very good' would be my vote , I dont think you can honestly say it was an 'Amazing' performance.
  2. Performance was good. The setlist ok (just wondering that they didn't kick out the terrible "Boots" ). But I was verry happy that they didn't play the "Crazy" Remix.
  3. Originally posted by yeah:Maybe. But to me he looked like a moron. His singing was okay, though. The voice wasn't always there, but that's pretty normal when you're touring.

Care to elaborate? As someone else said, to me he just acted like he normally does, but with even less "bono-ness". No preaching, barely any talking, great stuff. He owned the crowd too.

Voted for legendary. Amazing performance.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

Care to elaborate? As someone else said, to me he just acted like he normally does, but with even less "bono-ness". No preaching, barely any talking, great stuff. He owned the crowd too.

Voted for legendary. Amazing performance.

- "barking" to the crowd after every song
    - the constant "come on" trying to win the crowd
    - the extra lines/ changed verses in 3/4 of the songs (partly even read from the teleprompter)
    - his nonsense yadda yadda, failed intro for BD and so on

that plus his usual ego stuff.

He is a very charismatic frontman. No doubt about that. To me it just seemed that he was kind of "over-motivated" - Does that word even exist?
    I didn't see any sign of a legendary performance. Some songs were really weak (Even better, the Fly, Streets, Stay) some were amazing (Pride, MoS, WOWY before the snippet). But it was a neat performance heavily on the rock'n'roll side of U2. So good stuff all in all.
    I'm sure the people who were there had a great time.
  5. - Legendary, truly the greatest band in the world

this sums up just about everything
  6. I can understand yeah's point. Also there were a few mistakes with backingtracks and some slight errors by the edge.

But U2 is truly the best band in the world, so there is only one option that is available to me
  7. for me it was legendary they are the best live band in the world,the only ones who are there or there abouts are muse.you will always get people who knock u2 performances but secretly love them .
  8. Very good. Far from amazing, it felt a bit messy and rushed at times, but some great moments.

Originally posted by bigroz:for me it was legendary they are the best live band in the world,the only ones who are there or there abouts are muse.

You should get out more.

9. Yes amazing!
  10. I voted "Amazing show, one of the best"

It was waaay better than I expected (I was really afraid for this one), good band AND crowd performance, great setlist, but to me it was something extra, a spark, to be really legendary.
  11. Legendary.

If you need proof, just listen to the crowd during ONE. Never before have I heard a crowd sing those words with such strength. The lyrical changes during Streets made the song really fun to listen to, especially for those in the crowd who had to literally "slip and slide through the mud" to get to the stage. To me, it showed that Bono respects and appreciates the crowd for braving the elements to hear them play. I compare it to the lyrical change in New Years Day at Red Rocks (Under the thunder cloud and rain). Some minor technical issues, but we're really just splitting hairs if we plan to downgrade this from legendary because it rained and some equipment didn't work,

I know why. He said not one word about Africa. Talking about Africa during the tour makes Bono look like a genius!

12. The same as a 360 show LOL probably worse cuz the band didn't seem to be as into it (no Larry and Adam smiles, Edge was uber serious until AFTER the show ended, Bono missing cues, etc.) Bono WAS INTO IT, but had moments of being "forceful" idk... I liked it while watching but Im just waiting for some 360 soundboards [U2 however, for all the purposes of what Glasto was supposed to be, excellent _O_ ]