1. Wouldnt it be cool if u2 did an mtv unplugged performance?
    u2start member LikeASong has a thread active at the moment where you select your dream U2 setlist.
    My question is to you guys is this :
    What would your dream setlist be for a U2 unplugged show.
    Try and keep it to a 15 songs at a maximum as these shows tend to be pretty short.
    Heres mine :

1. Even Better Than The Real Thing.
    2. Still Havent Found What Im Looking For.
    3. Sunday Bloody Sunday.
    4. In A Little While.
    5. Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.
    6. So Creul.
    7. Gone.
    8. Whats Going On?
    9. Walk On.
    10. With Or Without You.
    11. One

[Encore]

12. When Love Comes To Town.
    13. The Wanderer.
    14. Kite.

2. That would indeed really be cool! I like U2 accoustic.
  3. OMG!!!!!!! I was thinking that this morning at school when I was bored!!!!!!!!! omg!!!! that would be an awesome idea!
    i was thinking about a set list and i think this would be good :

1. Zooropa (Something different)
    2. Sunday Bloody Sunday (How it was done during the POPMart tour / Maybe Edge singing acoustically)
    3. Love Rescue Me
    4. October
    5. Tomorow
    6. If God Will Send His Angels (Acoustic)
    7. In A Little While
    8. The Ocean
    9. A Man And A Woman (Acoustic)
    10. One Tree Hill
    11. Miss Sarajevo
    12. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    13. The Wanderer
    14. Love Is Blindness

I know its a strange setlist but it would be absolutely crazy!
  4. Bono was asked about doing an acoustic show in the mid 90s when MTV Unplugged was becoming really popular. He responded they didnt need to because they went unplugged for 1-2 songs each night. U2 is the best live band ever, and not best represented by an exclusively acoustic set. That said I love it when they strip their songs down to bare bones.

But if they did an extended mid-concert unplugged set:

Desire
    Yahweh
    Stuck IN A Moment
    In a Little While
    The First Time
    Staring at the Sun
    Stay
  5. Yeah, the acoustic encores and sets are pretty much all the unplugged U2 we need - they need to rock out loud much, much more. But an acoustic set with some unfamiliarly stripped songs would be pretty cool. I'd like to see:

Encore A:
    1. If God WIll Send His Angels
    2. Beautiful Day
    3. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
    4. Vertigo (with Adam, Edge, and Bono; even stripped, Vertigo needs bass)

Encore B:
    1. One Tree Hill
    2. All I Want Is You / Never Tear Us Apart
    3. Hawkmoon 269
    4. Mothers of the Disappeared
  6. 1.Vertigo
    2.Angel Of Harlem
    3.Stay (Faraway,So Close!)
    4.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    5.Trip Through Tour Wires
    6.Desire
    7.Promenade
    8.If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    9.Kite
    10.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    11.Springhill Mining Disaster
    12.One
    13.Mystery Girl
    14.Wild Irish Rose
    15.Yaweh
  7. Originally posted by AAV711Bono was asked about doing an acoustic show in the mid 90s when MTV Unplugged was becoming really popular. He responded they didnt need to because they went unplugged for 1-2 songs each night. U2 is the best live band ever, and not best represented by an exclusively acoustic set. That said I love it when they strip their songs down to bare bones.

But if they did an extended mid-concert unplugged set:

Desire
    Yahweh
    Stuck IN A Moment
    In a Little While
    The First Time
    Staring at the Sun
    Stay

Your probably right about u2 not being best represented by an acoustic set. But on the other hand look at Metalica unplugged or Nirvana unplugged.
    Who could of predicted them representing their music so well in an unplugged environment.
    They gave their music a total makeover for the unplugged format and it just worked so well - especially Nirvanas performance.
    I think if you got the keyboards in, some strings, soft percussion and brass, acoustic Spanish guitars etc.. U2 could find a whole new depth to their music.
    We all know how awesome the likes of Stay, Stuck In A Moment, Yahweh, are when they get the acoustic treatment live - and they translate to the acoustic format quite easily and naturally.
    But the unplugged area could give U2 the chance to try and put an acoustic spin on other more difficult songs that do not translate so easily i.e. Even Better Than The Real Thing, Zooropa,Gone, and imagine if they tried Vertigo.
    It may not work but i think U2 are a better band than either Nirvana or Metallica and i think they would definitely find a way to make it work.

8. Originally posted by robbie07Wouldnt it be cool if u2 did an mtv unplugged performance?
    u2start member LikeASong has a thread active at the moment where you select your dream U2 setlist.

Thanks for remebering me, that's an awesome topic too! I think U2 make always some accoustic in their concerts, but a full one... Where's the RoCK?! And also, What's accoustic and what's not?
    Some songs have been "accoustized" live, and are not really accoustic, think in "Angel of Harlem" from Slane, is that accoustic? Is "Stay" from Zoo TV and Elevation really accoustic? Does "When Love Comes To Town" from Zoo TV is accoustic? Well, I'll try to do it:

01 - When Love Comes To Town (Dublin 93)
    02 - Bad (only guitar and voice, strange, but cooool) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Walk On The Wild Side (snipt)
    03 - Staring At The Sun (from Slane)
    04 - Desire (from Slane)
    05 - Satellite of Love (live from Sydney '93)
    06 - Sunday Blood Sunday (acoustic as POPMart, but not sung by Edge)
    07 - Vertigo (guitar, bass and voice, lower and deeper than so far)
    08 - The Hands That Build America (from Clinton Presidential Center, 2004-11-18)
    09 - One / Peace on Earth (snippet) / She's A Mystery To Me (snip.) / Unchained Melody (snippet)
    ----
    10 - The Ocean
    11 - I Will Follow (guitar, a bit of bass guitar and voice)
    12 - Acrobat (on the same way of When Love Comes..from Dublin, with Larry on soft-percussion)
    ----
    13 - Stay

I hope you like it!!

PostScript -
    Originally posted by Genaro92U2OMG!!!!!!! I was thinking that this morning at school when I was bored!!!!!!!!! omg!!!! that would be an awesome idea!
    Hey, how old are you, Genaro? I began my Setlist' post with the same thing as you! I was really bored at Philosophy when i began to think setlists

See ya'!!
  9. All I Want Is You
    I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For
    One
    Running To Stand Still
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Staring at the Sun
    Red Hill Mining Town
    The First Time
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    In a Little While
    Original of The Species