1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1982-12-06 - London. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist

Out Of Control
    Twilight
    Surrender
    I Threw A Brick Through A Window
    A Day Without Me
    An Cat Dubh
    Into The Heart
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    The Cry
    The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet)
    I Fall Down
    October
    New Year's Day
    Gloria
    I Will Follow

encore(s):
    Fire
    A Celebration
    11 O'Clock Tick Tock / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet)
    The Ocean

Comments:
    Before the show, Bono joined support act The Alarm for a rendition of Knockin' On Heaven's Door. The main act, U2, was great, this is one of U2's most famous pre-war shows and fortunate as we are this show was broadcasted on radio which makes a great recording. Re-live this concert back in 1982 with a the original broadcast and the re-broadcast in 2004, both available.

Show Page
    1982-12-06 - London, England - Hammersmith Palais
  2. One of the first (and best) concerts I ever had. I hope ypu all have it, but if you don't, get it NOW. You won't be disappointed, this is a fantastic show and bootleg and you can't miss it in your collection. Long live Hammersmith 82
  3. One of the best shows I've heard. Well worth it and recommended.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASongOne of the first (and best) concerts I ever had. I hope ypu all have it, but if you don't, get it NOW. You won't be disappointed, this is a fantastic show and bootleg and you can't miss it in your collection. Long live Hammersmith 82

I want to get this... but I have this thought that I want to get Boy and hear all of the album before listening to the songs live....
  5. Love New Year's Day from this show - one of the few with the "Maybe the time is right, maybe tonight" line. Awesome show all around.
    Also, that's one of the coolest bootleg covers I've seen (/random thought).
  6. Its interesting to see how much they have changed as musicians and how the songs they played (nearly) every night on the 360 tour have evolved. There is also something really cool about the youthful energy in this show.
  7. Great show and great sound !!

A show that you must listen
  8. Originally posted by LikeASongOne of the first (and best) concerts I ever had. I hope ypu all have it, but if you don't, get it NOW. You won't be disappointed, this is a fantastic show and bootleg and you can't miss it in your collection. Long live Hammersmith 82

Completely and totally agree! I got a copy of this show on tape from a little record store in the Temple Bar in Dublin in 1994, but it's long since gone by the wayside along with the cassette player. But thanks to your work, Remy, on this website, now I've got a copy for my iPod! I listened to it again the other day, and it's still great. I love hearing NYD and SBS as songs the crowd *doesn't know* and therefore it's just the band performance that stands out. "A Celebration" is also a nice rarity.

Very much worth the download, and in my opinion the best non-Red Rocks show in the War Tour catalogue.
  9. is just me or is everyone missing the first 2 songs from this download
  10. Originally posted by Gman68is just me or is everyone missing the first 2 songs from this download

It isn't you: Out Of Control and Twilight weren't broadcast at all, back then nor in the 2004 re-broadcast.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

It isn't you: Out Of Control and Twilight weren't broadcast at all, back then nor in the 2004 re-broadcast.

Thank you.....
  12. don't have this, sounds like i'd best take a listen.