1. For most songs, I prefer the live versions, there are some exceptions, though. I like

Sunday Bloody Sunday
    A Sort Of Homecoming
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Mothers Of The Disappeared
    All I Want Is You
    One
    Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    Zooropa
    Stay
    Desire
    Staring At The Sun
    Wake Up Dead Man
    Yahweh
    Please
    In God's Country

better on the album than live. Especially these 'accoustic' versions of some songs just ruin it for me.
  2. Originally posted by yeahFor most songs, I prefer the live versions, there are some exceptions, though. I like

Sunday Bloody Sunday
    A Sort Of Homecoming
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Mothers Of The Disappeared
    All I Want Is You
    One
    Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    Zooropa
    Stay
    Desire
    Staring At The Sun
    Wake Up Dead Man
    Yahweh
    Please
    In God's Country

better on the album than live. Especially these 'accoustic' versions of some songs just ruin it for me.

Acoustic versions of In God's Country? I couldn't agree more.
  3. Acrobat improves A LOT played live!!!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASongAcrobat improves A LOT played live!!!

lol....same for Electrical Storm, Some Days Are Better Than Others and The Playboy Mansion....
  5. Originally posted by markp91[..]

lol....same for Electrical Storm, Some Days Are Better Than Others and The Playboy Mansion....

Aren't you forgetting One Step Closer, Your Blue Room and Red Light? I think he means, if it wasn't obvious already, if it were played live.
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Aren't you forgetting One Step Closer, Your Blue Room and Red Light? I think he means, if it wasn't obvious already, if it were played live.

I think he refers to the Hershey tapes, where they soundchecked Acrobat.

Or to the Kane's version - but that would be bogus.
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

I know....And I think One Step Closer and Your Blue Room would sound awesome live....

And United Colours, Slug and Elvis Ate America would be great live too....
  8. Originally posted by MirrorballMan1991This topic could go on and on for me....ummm lets see Studio wise, Do You Feel Loved I like better in the studio, Live, which is always a fan favorite is Where The Streets Have No Name. Discuss amongst yourselfs for a bit

DYFL is definitely better in the studio, perhaps if they spent more time on it live that would be a different statement
  9. actually, and im gonna take heat for this i think, i prefer HTDAAB in the studio. i never much like the live versions of those songs. excluding LAPOE. That was the only song i like live. Vertigo grew old and repetitive, SYCMOYO was hardly transferable live and i HATED the acoustic version of Yahweh. The one on the unreleased and rare was way better. Oh, well, I did like COBL live. But except for those two, this album belonged in the studio for me.

10. Elevation version Vertigo tour is a strong version, better than the album!
  11. Originally posted by thebonodrumsactually, and im gonna take heat for this i think, i prefer HTDAAB in the studio. i never much like the live versions of those songs. excluding LAPOE. That was the only song i like live. Vertigo grew old and repetitive, SYCMOYO was hardly transferable live and i HATED the acoustic version of Yahweh. The one on the unreleased and rare was way better. Oh, well, I did like COBL live. But except for those two, this album belonged in the studio for me.

I actually thought Bomb was their best studio album, the songs sounded damn near complete. Love and Peace and ABOY are actually heavier than the live versions, which is a first I think. But I think the songs, like all of their songs, improved live
  12. Live. In any case.