1. Bad needed cleaned up because The Edge made a mistake in the last note.

2. In fact it was taken from the Birmingham concert, a few days before (11-12), you're right.
  3. I think "Staring At The Sun" and "Please" are waaaaay better live than the studio versions!

In fact, i think U2's songs are overall better live than in studio. That's a great live band!!!
  4. A few albums on from the last post i would say Every Breaking Wave and YTBTAM are way better studio version.
    If we are talking older tunes ive always though Angel Of Harlem is an amazing studio song that could never reach the same heights live.
  5. HMTMKKM,DYFL,Gone ,Unforgettable Fire,OOTS are all better on record probably because they got a lot of treatment in the studio and lacked the atmospheric sound live.
  6. Stay.

Also Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. The studio version sounds incredible. Edge's multiple guitars, Larry's drums. It's sick.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:HMTMKKM,DYFL,Gone ,Unforgettable Fire,OOTS are all better on record probably because they got a lot of treatment in the studio and lacked the atmospheric sound live.
    I agree on DYFL and from a vocal point of view Unforgettable Fire although musically it sounded so good on 360 I can forgive Bono skipping over some of the difficult vocal part in the chorus. The rest I think are better live. Babyface is one I love on album but think is pretty poor live. I also think they could have done a better job of California but still I like the live version. Crumbs from your table and if god will send his angels would probably complete the main ones for me but there are few other that may be better studio but I still like live.
  8. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Stay.

Also Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. The studio version sounds incredible. Edge's multiple guitars, Larry's drums. It's sick.
    Wow see I love Stay Live in Dublin I think it’s incredible.

And as others said DYFL is my top Studio song being better than a live version.
  9. Best Thing, GOOYOW, NLOTH, Magnificent, IYWTVD, Gone
  10. RHMT, studio version way better than the somewhat dull piano version they played during the JT tour.

Also TUF, altough at 360 the version was quit good.

U2 wants to be on stage with them 4 only. So it is for some songs not possible to reach the studio level.
  11. Babyface was only played a handful of times Bono was unsure how to sing it live high or low I'm sure if they stuck with it they would have nailed it same with DYFL .