1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1997-08-23 - London, England. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist

Mofo
    I Will Follow
    Gone
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Last Night On Earth
    Until The End Of The World
    New Year's Day
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    All I Want Is You
    Staring At The Sun
    Daydream Believer (Edge Karaoke)
    Miami / My Mammy (snippet) / Cuba (snippet)
    Bullet The Blue Sky / America (snippet)
    Please
    Where The Streets Have No Name / Playboy Mansion (snippet)

encore(s):
    Discothèque / Love To Love You Baby (snippet) / Barbara Ann (snippet) / Whole Lotta Love (snippet) / Discothèque Howie B Hairy B Mix (snippet)
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    With Or Without You
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Unchained Melody

Comments:
    A Popmart show with a great atmosphere in London in back in 1997. We have a great IEM/ALD recording available of this show, as well as a below-average audience recording. Hold Me and Streets were the key performances of this show, and of course the Discotheque snippetry was stunning again. 'Wake up London Poptarts!'

Show Page
    1997-08-23 - London, England - Wembley Stadium
  2. This is a surprise, I thought you would've chosen an October tour show to celebrate that albums 30th anniversary. I'm sure this show is a great choice as well though! Will have to have a listen!
  3. i don't think I've heard this, or if i have it's been FOREVER. What source should I get? the ALD one? Im always down for some popmart <3
  4. Yes
  5. if i remember correctly, Bono almost chokes up during One, a very heartfelt performance this night.

edit: yep, listening to this night's version of One, when he starts singing "we hurt each other, then we do it again" and onwards, he really struggles to sing the words.
  6. Nice show , not the best in Wembley , but nice anyway !!
  7. it won't let me download part2.......
  8. Originally posted by Gman68it won't let me download part2.......

It works, both for the IEM and the audience recordings.