1. In order of appearance, my impressions....

WGRYWH- Going to be average
    LIB- Decent, not wrecked
    MW- I love Gary's voice on it! This is going to be awesome
    UTEOTW- Not impressed at all. It's gonna really have to take off.
    Zoo Station- Well, okay. Trent should be yelling, distorted vocals...not quiet
    Ultraviolet- Sounds like a Sams-Town Killers song now
    One- Dont like it
  2. Only one that sounded like it had lasting listenability to me was Ultra Violet. On a second hearing, the Garbage track sounds not too bad.
  3. Ultraviolet and Mysterious Ways <3
    The rest is crap, Gavin Friday may suprise us, though.
  4. A little early to judge, but I'm looking forward to Garbage and Patti Smith. The 2 seconds of The Killers sound like shit, the Patrol soso, NIN hard to say anything...
  5. I will admit I had higher hopes for The Killers
  6. Looks like I'm the only that thought the few seconds of Mysterious Ways sounded utter shit, but who knows, the full version could be alright.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses sounded mediocre, UTEOTW sounded awful, Zoo Station sounds promising & Ultraviolet is definitely the one I'm most looking forward to; sounds great.

On the two songs we've heard so far, I thought Love is Blindness was a really good cover after listening to it several times. Some people in my year at school are 'addicted' to the cover, and after me telling them numerous times that the original is better - they just say "U2 are shit, Jack White rules".
    The One cover is too quiet, and just terrible.
  7. Don´t know how will it sound... I have my doubts about some covers... For example, I don´t like very much Damien´s cover of One.

However, I would like to get a copy of the magazine with the cd. Someone could help me with this? I can pay by paypal or bank transfer and I also would be responsible for shipping costs.
  8. I think yeah was right.....We've heard two full songs, about 5-10 seconds of others, and none of the remaining. Seems to me a bit too early to judge the songs....
  9. i agree , way to early to judge the whole album. curious to uv, and acrobat.
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2Looks like I'm the only that thought the few seconds of Mysterious Ways sounded utter shit, but who knows, the full version could be alright.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses sounded mediocre, UTEOTW sounded awful, Zoo Station sounds promising &amp; Ultraviolet is definitely the one I'm most looking forward to; sounds great.

On the two songs we've heard so far, I thought Love is Blindness was a really good cover after listening to it several times. Some people in my year at school are 'addicted' to the cover, and after me telling them numerous times that the original is better - they just say &quot;U2 are shit, Jack White rules&quot;.
    The One cover is too quiet, and just terrible.

Nah I agree with you, his voice sounded extremely lame on Mysterious Ways, and that's coming from a Snow Patrol fan.

To be honest, a lot of those clips sounded pretty blah. I'm not in as big of a hurry to find a copy anymore.