1. Originally posted by u2met86

rod stewart 1994-12-31 - rio, brazil - copacabana beach: 3.500.000 --- FREE & NEW YEAR'S

unfortunately, guinness book of records recognized a-ha's performance in the 1991-01-26 as "biggest paying audience."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_in_Rio

=> What ? 3.500.000 people at a concert ?? I didn't knew that was POSSIBLE ! Damn that's a small country...

=> Maybe the explanation that U2 doesn't have the world record is that they've got such huge stages
    But yeah, still top ! ( they're not for nothing the most popular band )
  2. I wouldn't go see Rod Stewart for Free
  3. Originally posted by MacphistflyI wouldn't go see Rod Stewart for Free

Not even when they'd pay me
  4. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Not even when they'd pay me

Damn! You stole my line
  5. Originally posted by MarcantonioI was in Reggio Emilia: my first U2 show I'm dissapointed but the record it's now in the hands of Luciano Ligabue, an italian rocker, that without support acts sold 200.000 tickets for a concert in the same site where U2 played in 1997, which is a big park used as a civil airport in the past.

Hi Italian friend! Pleased to meet you here. It's always a pleasure to meet new Italians here.

I knew that Ligabue's concert at Campo Volo in Reggio Emilia had a huge audience, but I didn't know it was the largest paying audience of every time. Glad to know it! Thanks!

6. 150.000 Bet you can't see anything when you're at the back of the crowd, even with that gigantic PopMart-screen!

7. Well yeah, too many is just too many...

Now i really don't believe that 3.5 million can be true... just impossible... that's like 25 times that picture...
  8. i saw a picture of that Rod Stewart concert with the 3.5 million people it was incredible i couldnt believe it either!
  9. Originally posted by MacphistflyI wouldn't go see Rod Stewart for Free

i totally dig rod stewart. rhythm of my heart, forever young, tonight's the night, reason to believe, to name a few tunes.

i guess he lacks the gravitas of a "rock star" cause he's "just" a pop singer (or because he's loved by middle-aged women ) but the guy's got a voice that can't be copied (same is said of bono, bruce springsteen, neil young, eddie vedder, liam gallagher, etc.). plus he's one hell of a live performer.

i'm sure most of the forumsters feel the same way about phil collins and neil diamond. you could be missin' out on some great stuff here, people!
  10. You wouldn't go and see Rod Stewart for free? I would.
  11. I wouldnt...