1. Can anyone answer this? I actually like their vocal effects use to a point, even though I usually frown on vocal effects. Do they use this in every single one of their songs? I actually think they're a good band.
  2. Originally posted by pleasegone:Can anyone answer this? I actually like their vocal effects use to a point, even though I usually frown on vocal effects. Do they use this in every single one of their songs? I actually think they're a good band.

I really don't think Dan uses any vocal enhancements... maybe reverb on some of the slow songs like Remember When (Side A) or All You Ever Wanted, but not live. At least I'm pretty sure.
  3. Nah, pleasegone is pretty much right. They use slight fuzz and distortion on some songs, specially in the doubled vocals (Gold On The Ceiling is a good example). They're far from using it on every song, though.
  4. By the way, they're playing Madrid's biggest arena next November, but I can't push myself to spend 45€ on a ticket... Not yet. Maybe if they announce a killer support act.
  5. Seeing them at Leeds in 3 months. Can't wait, great band.

Sergio - go! You'll love it.
  6. Love this band since I heard "Lonely Boy" on the radio! Gold on the celling is probably the best thing I've heard new on the radio this year!!.
  7. Lonely Boy is AWESOME. I really love all their songs, I've been a fan since Attack and Release but just a casual until Brothers. Anyone understand why their fanbase is so divided? I hear its the pre-Attack and the post-Attack. I know Danger Mouse has to do with it but I think they make great music EVERY album so I don't feel the need to judge.
  8. buying GA tickets in half an hour for the Staples Center show! EXCITED to see them again! anybody else going to see them anytime soon?
  9. I'm listening to their discography since a couple of days ago after I already owned El Camino (One of the best albums I heard in the last couple of years).

These guys really made some great songs, just straight up rock music. Love it.
  10. Yep. Too bad they're all very similar, but very enjoyable anyway. I taped their show in Madrid just in case someone's interested.

11. I LOVE Little Black Submarines... such a great song. Both times I saw them this was a clear highlight That audience in Sergio's video reminds me of when I saw them, good times!
  12. I love it too, by far my favorite song from them. It's just perfect.

EDIT. Rewatching my video, I think the audio source and the camera's sound are sliiiightly out of sync, there's a strange echo/delay that I didn't notice when I edited it Too late to change it though, still a enjoyable video I think.