1. I live for nostalgia. The cheapest trick will get me
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    like R2 playing the only hope message aaaa
  2. Spoiler tag didn't work
  3. Am I the only one who loves this movie? People complain about Star Wars 7 being all familiar and a remake, but Last Jedi took a way different direction and people are bitching about it for being too different. Like what do you want. They handled Luke perfectly. A hero with flaws. Kylo Ren was spectacular. Rey amazing. Poe kicked ass. Leia was emotional. Only thing that dragged was Finn's arc with Rose. Plus they wasted characters.
  4. Originally posted by bushido529:Am I the only one who loves this movie? People complain about Star Wars 7 being all familiar and a remake, but Last Jedi took a way different direction and people are bitching about it for being too different. Like what do you want. They handled Luke perfectly. A hero with flaws. Kylo Ren was spectacular. Rey amazing. Poe kicked ass. Leia was emotional. Only thing that dragged was Finn's arc with Rose. Plus they wasted characters.
    Disney loves customers like you are. Easy cashflow. But as long as you feel entertained, that's what it's all about. Isn't it? Or isn't it?
  5. Originally posted by bushido529:Am I the only one who loves this movie? People complain about Star Wars 7 being all familiar and a remake, but Last Jedi took a way different direction and people are bitching about it for being too different. Like what do you want. They handled Luke perfectly. A hero with flaws. Kylo Ren was spectacular. Rey amazing. Poe kicked ass. Leia was emotional. Only thing that dragged was Finn's arc with Rose. Plus they wasted characters.
    I liked all that, (and I loved VII), it was just the couple of things mentioned by Tim (?): too much spoon fed the "killing" scene (not a deal breaker), and a few too much "marvel humor" (really cringey to me and it do threatens to stop me from enjoying it).
    Also the Leia flying scene, not sure if it upsets me or not, and if so, how much.

I'll watch it again tomorrow, I'll see how it feels in the second time...
  6. Yeah but even he said he hated the script. It was pathetic to be honest. It's as if a 8 year old child wrote some of this comedy in it. It was just a waste of a movie. I could write an essay about how poorly this was written. Episode 1 is way better and that's saying something.
  7. I’m a huge Star Wars fan...and I really think The Last Jedi is just awful. I’m very glad J.J. Abrams will return for the next one.
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I liked all that, (and I loved VII), it was just the couple of things mentioned by Tim (?): too much spoon fed the "killing" scene (not a deal breaker), and a few too much "marvel humor" (really cringey to me and it do threatens to stop me from enjoying it).
    Also the Leia flying scene, not sure if it upsets me or not, and if so, how much.

I'll watch it again tomorrow, I'll see how it feels in the second time...
    See I love marvel humor because it's funny. This humor was some of the cringeiest stuff ever. Half the movie didn't even need to take place in order for it to finish the way it did.
  9. Originally posted by ap5:I’m a huge Star Wars fan...and I really think The Last Jedi is just awful. I’m very glad J.J. Abrams will return for the next one.
    +2, really looking forward for JJ's return.
  10. Movie was a joke and an insult. Been following Star Wars since the original.
  11. Thank you, I was worried TFA would be like this one. Just an overall joke of a movie.
  12. Originally posted by BonoVox05:[..]
    Disney loves customers like you are. Easy cashflow. But as long as you feel entertained, that's what it's all about. Isn't it? Or isn't it?
    That's some empty cynical bullshit. If you think these new films are any different in content or tone from the originals then you're kidding yourself. Also, aren't we on a freaking u2 forum?? Isn't the big multi-million dollar tour productions we all drool over exactly the same kind of big corporate entertainment you're railing against?