05 - Pop
    06 - How to dismantle an atomic Bomb
    07 - No Line On The Horizon
    08 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
    09 - Boy
    10 - War
    11 - Rattle and Hum
    12 - October
  2. Finally got my head around a few of my favorite U2 albums and how to express my feelings of them while comparing then to eachother= Joshua Tree is their greatest because of creativity, writing, singing, playing, feel/vibe and how the songs transfer to a live setting. Achtung is they're most ambitious based on where they we're and where they got to with the final result AND probably their greatest achievement in actual playing/recording of songs on one album. But I think HTDAAB might be they're greatest writing since JT, but strangely I will still play ATYCLB more often than I play the rest now a days...
  3. Clearly anyone who doesn't put JT first needs their head checked...no real U2 fan can deny that Streets is their greatest live song, and also throw in live Bullet, live Still haven't found, live Running to stand and live With or without and it is easily the greatest album they ever made and unquestionably a top 10 album made(by any band) since 1980...and based on that criteria Achtung is absolutely their second best. Anyone who thinks otherwise just wants to be different for the sake of being different and you probably have zero unbiased opinions on anything and your a giant douche to most people you meet and converse with but your of course ok with it and it even makes you feel alive to disagree with so many people on so many different topics, but really you are just stunting the growth of humanity with your stubbornness. Go suck an egg cause no one likes you and we all feel bad for your parents.
  4. ^ I don't deny Streets being their greatest live song.

It's just I like Zooropa and Passengers a lot.

Anyone who thinks otherwise just wants to be different for the sake of being different and you probably have zero unbiased opinions on anything and your a giant douche to most people you meet and converse with but your of course ok with it and it even makes you feel alive to disagree with so many people on so many different topics, but really you are just stunting the growth of humanity with your stubbornness. Go suck an egg cause no one likes you and we all feel bad for your parents.

That's profound.
  5. 01 - The Joshua Tree
    02 - The Unforgettable Fire
    03 - Rattle and Hum
    04 -Achtung Baby
    05 - War
    06 - Zooropa
    07 - Pop
    08 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
    09 - Boy
    10 -October
    11 - How to dismantle an atomic Bomb
    12 - No Line On The Horizon
  6. Originally posted by patssox95:Clearly anyone who doesn't put JT first needs their head checked...no real U2 fan can deny that Streets is their greatest live song, and also throw in live Bullet, live Still haven't found, live Running to stand and live With or without and it is easily the greatest album they ever made and unquestionably a top 10 album made(by any band) since 1980...and based on that criteria Achtung is absolutely their second best. Anyone who thinks otherwise just wants to be different for the sake of being different and you probably have zero unbiased opinions on anything and your a giant douche to most people you meet and converse with but your of course ok with it and it even makes you feel alive to disagree with so many people on so many different topics, but really you are just stunting the growth of humanity with your stubbornness. Go suck an egg cause no one likes you and we all feel bad for your parents.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. I have no problem with YOU putting JT first but to say it like that is crazy talk. Lets not forget the lackluster second half of JT ..... I have a very "popular " #1 in Achtung Baby but if someone said to me that Pop or Zooropa was their fave I wouldn't think of them as trying to be cool.
  7. I won't bother commenting on the earlier post (probably too much egg nog) but I think you're right about the second half of JT. The longer the band decides to NOT incorporate most of the "side two" songs into their shows the more it diminishes their appeal for me. Let's face it, aside from a few special performances and snippets, the second half of the album hasn't really been played in almost a quarter of a century!

The first half, however, absolutely kills - especially during the AB tour.
  8. 01 - War
    02 - The Unforgettable Fire
    03 - Boy
    04 - Rattle And Hum
    05 - Achtung Baby
    06 - The Joshua Tree
    07 - October
    08 - Pop
    09 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
    10 - Zooropa
    11 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
    12 - No Line On The Horizon

You can tell how old I am!
  9. Originally posted by patssox95:Clearly anyone who doesn't put JT first needs their head checked...no real U2 fan can deny that Streets is their greatest live song, and also throw in live Bullet, live Still haven't found, live Running to stand and live With or without and it is easily the greatest album they ever made and unquestionably a top 10 album made(by any band) since 1980...and based on that criteria Achtung is absolutely their second best. Anyone who thinks otherwise just wants to be different for the sake of being different and you probably have zero unbiased opinions on anything and your a giant douche to most people you meet and converse with but your of course ok with it and it even makes you feel alive to disagree with so many people on so many different topics, but really you are just stunting the growth of humanity with your stubbornness. Go suck an egg cause no one likes you and we all feel bad for your parents.

Rough Christmas?
  10. Originally posted by patssox95:Clearly anyone who doesn't put JT first needs their head checked...no real U2 fan can deny that Streets is their greatest live song, and also throw in live Bullet, live Still haven't found, live Running to stand and live With or without and it is easily the greatest album they ever made and unquestionably a top 10 album made(by any band) since 1980...and based on that criteria Achtung is absolutely their second best. Anyone who thinks otherwise just wants to be different for the sake of being different and you probably have zero unbiased opinions on anything and your a giant douche to most people you meet and converse with but your of course ok with it and it even makes you feel alive to disagree with so many people on so many different topics, but really you are just stunting the growth of humanity with your stubbornness. Go suck an egg cause no one likes you and we all feel bad for your parents.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  11. Originally posted by patssox95:Clearly anyone who doesn't put JT first needs their head checked...no real U2 fan can deny that Streets is their greatest live song, and also throw in live Bullet, live Still haven't found, live Running to stand and live With or without and it is easily the greatest album they ever made and unquestionably a top 10 album made(by any band) since 1980...and based on that criteria Achtung is absolutely their second best. Anyone who thinks otherwise just wants to be different for the sake of being different and you probably have zero unbiased opinions on anything and your a giant douche to most people you meet and converse with but your of course ok with it and it even makes you feel alive to disagree with so many people on so many different topics, but really you are just stunting the growth of humanity with your stubbornness. Go suck an egg cause no one likes you and we all feel bad for your parents.

Talking to the mirror?
  12. Listened to POP for the first time in ages today. Convinced that if this album was released tomorrow instead of 1997 it would be massive. It has stood the test of time very well indeed and sounds better than ever imo.