1. For 95% of the fans, #1 album is either Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree.

We're much more divided regarding the bottom position though. #14 is October for many people, Pop for others, SOE for others...

But from what we've heard and judging by the forum posts and social media reactions, I bet that is about to change in exactly one week from today, and we're about to reach a consensus in the bottom position too
  2. I actually quite like October and the tour shows were great.
  3. Y
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:For 95% of the fans, #1 album is either Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree.

We're much more divided regarding the bottom position though. #14 is October for many people, Pop for others, SOE for others...

But from what we've heard and judging by the forum posts and social media reactions, I bet that is about to change in exactly one week from today, and we're about to reach a consensus in the bottom position too
    You never know Sergio when we finally get our hands on it we may just fall in love with it!!
  5. Plus surely a compilation/retrospective/pseudo best of/whatever your having yourself type collection of songs doesn’t belong in any list of ranked albums??
  6. Originally posted by TheRefugee:Plus surely a compilation/retrospective/pseudo best of/whatever your having yourself type collection of songs doesn’t belong in any list of ranked albums??
    Well the band is promoting it worldwide as their "new album" and it also belongs to the "Songs Of..." series in terms of title. Also, unlike the Best Of 80-90, 90-00 and U218, this is not a compilation of songs "as they were" - they are fully re-recorded. So it only makes sense to rank it among the rest.
  7. I don't say it's impossible, but the chances of SOS overtaking any of the previous albums of purely original (*) material are very VERY slim.

(*) SOE, I'm looking at you. Lights Of Home, American Soul, Summer Of Love and 13. Ahem. But anyway
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:For 95% of the fans, #1 album is either Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree.

But which version should we judge? The 16 tracks? The 17 tracks? The 20 tracks? The 40 tracks?
  9. We should grade all of them separately (after purchasing them in as many coloured editions as possible, obviously - that will help the band make more money gradings to be as precise as possible) and do a weighted average with the following formula

16 tracks edition x 17.2%
    +
    17 tracks edition x 18.3%
    +
    20 tracks edition x 21.5%
    +
    40 tracks edition x 43.0%

Add the cassette edition for further accuracy in the calculations.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    We should grade all of them separately (after purchasing them in as many coloured editions as possible, obviously - that will help the band make more money gradings to be as precise as possible) and do a weighted average with the following formula

16 tracks edition x 17.2%
    +
    17 tracks edition x 18.3%
    +
    20 tracks edition x 21.5%
    +
    40 tracks edition x 43.0%

Add the cassette edition for further accuracy in the calculations.
    😂😂😂
  11. my ranking depends on my annual state of my mind

1 - 1987 : The Joshua Tree
    2 - 1991 : Achtung Baby
    3 - 1983 : War
    4 - 1997 : Pop
    5 - 1980 : Boy
    6 - 1988 : Rattle And Hum
    7 - 2000 : All That You Can't Leave Behind
    8 - 2004 : How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
    9 - 2009 : No Line On The Horizon
    10 - 2017 : Songs of Experience