1. I don't care about the vinyl itself, design, etc. I just want to hear the remix by Beck.
  2. The only thing that really annoys me about RSD is those who get to the record shop ridiculously early to bag the decent stuff, but instead of keeping it like a true collector would do, they go and flog it on eBay. That's why I just don't bother with it now, it's not worth the hassle queuing outside a record shop for ages just to get all the shite that's left.
  3. I get excited, until I realize that first I don't a record player, often these records don't come with a download card (when they do, I love them), second I have to get up early enough to find a place in line and just hope the record store has enough... there has been a few times where I got there and someone would grab multiple copies leaving none for me.... I got lucky with the Ordinary Love single in that the place only allowed one per person, and they took one from a customer trying to buy two....

I just don't love the stress... especially when I do get these releases and then think to myself... oh yeah I can't play these!! .... Guess I could buy a record player just don't have the room for one now.
  4. Besides, there are a few this time I'm interested in...

The Alarm, The Cure, of course U2.... .
    maybe one of the Bowie releases, maybe Duran Duran....

Which prompts the question, anything else on the list you guys are looking forward too?
  5. Originally posted by Document:Besides, there are a few this time I'm interested in...

The Alarm, The Cure, of course U2.... .
    maybe one of the Bowie releases, maybe Duran Duran....

Which prompts the question, anything else on the list you guys are looking forward too?
    Oh yes!

AIR - Sexy Boy 12” Picture Disc
    Arcade Fire - Arcade Fire EP 12”
    Blanck Mass - Odd Scene b/w Shit Luck 12"
    Brian Eno with Kevin Shields - The Weight Of History / Only Once Away My Son 12"
    Doors, The - The Matrix Part IThe Eden House - LIve and In Session - LP
    The Eden House - Live and in Session - LP
    Fleet Foxes - Crack Up / In The Morning - 7”
    Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The First 48 Inches of Frankie Goes To Hollywood 12"
    Jónsi & Alex - All Animals LP
    Karl Jenkins - The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace LP
    Killing Joke - Absolute Dissent 2xLP
    Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll 7”
    Mansun - Wide Open Space 12”
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - It's A Beautiful World (Remixes) 12" single on Monochrome Vinyl
    Fawlty Towers - Second Sitting - Picture Disc LP
    Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn1LP 180g black vinyl, in special envelope gold sleeve and includes a poster, unreleased Mono mix of the album
    Public Image Limited - Live At Brixton Academy 1986 - 2xLP
    Public Service Broadcasting - People Will Always Need Coal 12”
    Richard Hawley - Funny Cow / Love Me Black 7 vinyl.
    Ride - Waking Up In Another Town: Weather Diaries Remixed - Exclusive remix 2LP
    Sigur Rós - Route One LP
    Sigur Rós - Liminal Remixes LP
    Spacemen 3 - Taking Drugs To Make Music To Take Drugs To - 2xLP
    Spectrum - Highs Lows and Heavenly Blows - LP
    Spiritualized - Fucked Up Inside - LP
    Stooges, The - The Stooges (The Detroit Edition) - 2xLP
    Suede - Suede - 25th Anniversary Silver Edition - 2xLP
    Twin Peaks - Twin Peaks (Music From The Limited Event Series - Score) - Picture Disc LP x2 (Version 1)
    Twin Peaks (1) - Twin Peaks (Music From The Limited Event Series - Soundtrack) - Picture Disc LPx 2 (version 2)
    U2 - Lights of Home - Picture Disc 12”

All on order and kept aside for me when they arrive. No more early morning queuing for me these days.

This year looks to be another good one!
  6. U2 and Springsteen are my picks
  7. Steven Wilson - How Big The Space
  8. Does anyone know the price of Lights of Home?
    If possible Dutch price?
  9. I think it will be around €18
  10. Yeah depending on your local anywhere from 15 till 19.50 for NL.
  11. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Oh yes!

AIR - Sexy Boy 12” Picture Disc
    Arcade Fire - Arcade Fire EP 12”
    Blanck Mass - Odd Scene b/w Shit Luck 12"
    Brian Eno with Kevin Shields - The Weight Of History / Only Once Away My Son 12"
    Doors, The - The Matrix Part IThe Eden House - LIve and In Session - LP
    The Eden House - Live and in Session - LP
    Fleet Foxes - Crack Up / In The Morning - 7”
    Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The First 48 Inches of Frankie Goes To Hollywood 12"
    Jónsi & Alex - All Animals LP
    Karl Jenkins - The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace LP
    Killing Joke - Absolute Dissent 2xLP
    Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll 7”
    Mansun - Wide Open Space 12”
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - It's A Beautiful World (Remixes) 12" single on Monochrome Vinyl
    Fawlty Towers - Second Sitting - Picture Disc LP
    Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn1LP 180g black vinyl, in special envelope gold sleeve and includes a poster, unreleased Mono mix of the album
    Public Image Limited - Live At Brixton Academy 1986 - 2xLP
    Public Service Broadcasting - People Will Always Need Coal 12”
    Richard Hawley - Funny Cow / Love Me Black 7 vinyl.
    Ride - Waking Up In Another Town: Weather Diaries Remixed - Exclusive remix 2LP
    Sigur Rós - Route One LP
    Sigur Rós - Liminal Remixes LP
    Spacemen 3 - Taking Drugs To Make Music To Take Drugs To - 2xLP
    Spectrum - Highs Lows and Heavenly Blows - LP
    Spiritualized - Fucked Up Inside - LP
    Stooges, The - The Stooges (The Detroit Edition) - 2xLP
    Suede - Suede - 25th Anniversary Silver Edition - 2xLP
    Twin Peaks - Twin Peaks (Music From The Limited Event Series - Score) - Picture Disc LP x2 (Version 1)
    Twin Peaks (1) - Twin Peaks (Music From The Limited Event Series - Soundtrack) - Picture Disc LPx 2 (version 2)
    U2 - Lights of Home - Picture Disc 12”

All on order and kept aside for me when they arrive. No more early morning queuing for me these days.

This year looks to be another good one!
    I don't think that pre-ordering the records is the point of record store day.