Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111

1. Miami ??

aahh ok , what you tried to say is that you miss the city not the song
  2. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I agree.
    Achtung+Zooropa were a huge departure from the classic U2.
    Pop was pushing too far and while looking at it in retrospective it wasn't really THAT much, back then you didn't know where it would stop ("I signed up to follow a rock band, not an electro-dance thing"), so at the very least people (fans) were very cautious about the whole tour.

I just remember I wanted them to go further in alternative/progressive sound after Pop and ATYCLB was huge disappointment... like it was the time they feel they start to be old and go safe way...
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]

I just remember I wanted them to go further in alternative/progressive sound after Pop and ATYCLB was huge disappointment... like it was the time they feel they start to be old and go safe way...
    I'm with you on that 100%. I think that Achtung, Zooropa and Pop is the best run of albums U2 ever made (or have made SO FAR - hope springs eternal...). It's not that their output since Pop has been bad, but a few more risks wouldn't be unwelcome. NLOTH didn't sell too well, so the tour became a greatest hits show and by giving away SOI, U2 (or their management) were able to ensure that sales figures didn't become the prominent talking point about the album.
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]

^ Exactly this! My feelings for the last 15 years now!
  5. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    I was at the Atlanta show. It was awesome. It looks like we have been to a lot of the same shows over the years. Just by my user name you can probably tell I won't agree with you. I thought it was a stunning album, and a stunning tour...it just seemed so odd that the Georgia Dome was so empty. But Pop's failure on the American charts gave the band this false sense of wanting hit records and less focus on the actual quality of the songs themselves. Not to say they have a bunch of bad songs lol. But 360 went from the NLOTH tour to a Greatest Hits tour quickly due to the "failure" of that album. Taking "Breathe" out of the setlist really hurt the show...but I still loved it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not considering myself classic u2 fan i just know a lot of them that didn't follow u2 after Pop. I still listen to that tour and album with fond memories. Still think classics sucked on that tour ( Pride, All I want, ect.) I do prefer Please and God Would Send singles to the album version and give you a glimpse what a couple of more months of work would have done for it. I wish Mofo would have opened that album as well.
    Looking at the shows you have been to was funny being close in age and both having same first name we have to meet next tour
  6. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]

Don't get me wrong. I'm not considering myself classic u2 fan i just know a lot of them that didn't follow u2 after Pop. I still listen to that tour and album with fond memories. Still think classics sucked on that tour ( Pride, All I want, ect.) I do prefer Please and God Would Send singles to the album version and give you a glimpse what a couple of more months of work would have done for it. I wish Mofo would have opened that album as well.
    Looking at the shows you have been to was funny being close in age and both having same first name we have to meet next tour
    1- Mofo
    2- Discotheque
    3- Do You Feel Loved

Would be awesome
  7. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]

Sure, and that's a very popular opinion in every U2 forum... just keep in mind that for every single fan that sees it this way, there's 10 U2 fans out there who see it/saw it as the exact opposite.
    It's all relative.
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    Sure, and that's a very popular opinion in every U2 forum... just keep in mind that for every single fan that sees it this way, there's 10 U2 fans out there who see it/saw it as the exact opposite.
    It's all relative.
    This makes the period 1997 - 2001 the most fascinating period in U2's career, is my opinion!

Now, what I would love is for a really good journalist/ biographer to do in-dept interviews with U2 and their 'significant others' , about just this period: what were their feelings, thoughts, insecurities, options, discussions, doubts etc in that period and what if they wouldn't have choosen te 'safe' option?

I would immediately buy that book!
  9. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    This makes the period 1997 - 2001 the most fascinating period in U2's career, is my opinion!

Now, what I would love is for a really good journalist/ biographer to do in-dept interviews with U2 and their 'significant others' , about just this period: what were their feelings, thoughts, insecurities, options, discussions, doubts etc in that period and what if they wouldn't have choosen te 'safe' option?

I would immediately buy that book!
    so... U2: At the End of the World 2: The Last Night on Earth by Bill Flanagan.

Now I want this.
  10. maybe we should start a crowdfunding right now!
  11. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]

Sure we can meet up one day...maybe another Atlanta show. My possible future wife lives there lol. I probably over defend Pop, and the tour...but we all have our favorites!