1. So, today the Tour started with a prologue in Liege (Belgium). Ofcourse Fabian Cancellara won.

Anyone here who follows it? I normally watch most of the stages, this year I wont see the last week since I'm in the USA then.
    Who do you think will win this year? Since Andy Schleck and Alberto Contador arent in the Tour this year I think it will go between Bradley Wiggins and Cadel Evans.
  2. The tour begins two years after it ends... when they discover the winner was on drugs
  3. At least in cycling they dare to recall a result.

In football:
    Spain (WC2010, blood doping)
    Argentina (1978 bribed opponents),
    Brazil (1970, amphetamines),
    Germany (1966 Amphetamines),
    England (1966 bribed referees) were never held accountable, never investigated, Argentina might yet.

Italy in 2006 are quite suspect as are Netherlands 74, Germany 74, Brazil '74, Brazil '98.

In cycling it's pretty simple, the rider with the best doctor wins. Of winners from 1968 (first year of testing) to 2008, only Lucien van Impe and Carlos Sastre have never failed a test, or been implicated, or admitted to doping, most have been caught, some have admitted (Riis) some died of doping related causes (Ocaña), some have been proven users in court (Roche):

Jansen: Amphetamines
    Merckx: Pémoline, Réactivan,
    Ocaña: Pémoline
    Hinault: Cortisone
    Zoetemelk: Pémoline, Nandrolon,
    Roche: EPO
    Fignon: Amphetamines
    Delgado: Probénécide (masking for Steroids)
    Indurain: Salbutamol,
    Ulrich: Amphetamine,
    Riis: EPO
    Armstrong: Corticosteroid-steroids, rEPO
    Pantani: 60% hematocritic value, Insulin, EPO, cocaïne.
    Perreiro Sio: Salbutamol,
    Landis: Testosterone, Blood doping
    Contador: plasma, clenbuterol.

Many have used the same tricks:
    Zoetemelk & Contador: "bad veal"
    Landis & Armstrong: doctor's note AFTER getting caught.

A few have only been implicated, but never without reason. When EPO started popping up (>84) a certain LeMond posted records that stand to this day (fastest Time Trial in TdF for example), beating guys who have later admitted to doping, or were indeed caught.

Posting superhuman results, facing doped up opposition, yet claiming to be clean yourself is simply not trustworthy.
  4. Fabian Cancellara tackles every time trial with surgical precision, so it's no surprise he won.

One of the sports commentators said that Cancellara winning was "a slap in the face" of all the other competitors to wake up, which I thought was hilarious since everyone in the sport of cycling knows that Cancellara's bread and butter is the time trial.
  5. I'll have what Froome is having please. I bet I will glow after it and won't be able to go to the bathroom normally for a couple of weeks, but who cares.
  6. i don't like cycling anymore, too much doping. Boxe doping and too much money like in football. I like tennis but they bet one each other........sport should be like music, a sort of art that can be a way to make friendship and peace in all countries.
    But money and drugs have more importance by the way . And i hate this situation.
    Bye
    F