1. Ah that's true.

I think anybody who doesn't have this show should download it immediately and listen to it! Probably the best way to kick of a show with Beautiful Day.
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

Ah that's true.

I think anybody who doesn't have this show should download it immediately and listen to it! Probably the best way to kick of a show with Beautiful Day.

While I do indeed LOVE Beautiful Day as a song and as a show opener... I opt wondering how ASOHC would sound like as a show opener?
  3. I honestly can't imagine ASOHC as a show opener. It's a great song, no doubt, but I don't think it has the energy to open a show.
  4. it would be great
    it's not necessary to open a show with an energetic song
    there is plenty of shows out there that are awesone from the first note and opened in "slow" mode
  5. Originally posted by clover68:it would be great
    it's not necessary to open a show with an energetic song
    there is plenty of shows out there that are awesone from the first note and opened in "slow" mode

Just imagine Zooropa as a show opener.

Everytime I listen to Zooropa, I keep envisioning the whole Zoo TV concept: Random feedback images on the Zoo TV screens, with the Brain Eno intro in the background - "What do you want?." The crowd gets all hyped up and starts clapping. Then all of a sudden Edge's distorted, electro guitar pickings come in and then the full band. The audience roars in appluase as Bono finally takes the stage and sings "Zooropa, vorsprung durch technik."
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:I honestly can't imagine ASOHC as a show opener. It's a great song, no doubt, but I don't think it has the energy to open a show.

Yeah, I can see how having a non-energetic song open a show might not work. Opening a show with an absolute rocker of a song gets the audience psyched and ready to go - i.e. Streets, Zoo Station, Mofo, Elevation, Vertigo, etc. Besides. imagine a show opening with "Miami."

I like to think that, like clover said, sometimes an audience can be hyped up even with a "slow" note - it just has to be the "right" slow note to at least get an audience going and go hard. Sometimes slow notes - like the build up of ASOHC - can rouse a crowd with simple but powerful build up , sometimes it doesn't - I don't think opening up a show with LAPOE was a good idea - but I guess it just depends on the band's faith in a particular opening song and how the audience will react to it. If an audience really thinks it's crap, then they certainly will let the band know thier minds.

And if an energetic rocker won't work, then there's always Plan B: Bring out the 40 foot Mirrorball Lemon.

P.S. - Beautiful Day is STILL a great song!