1. this is sweet that so many people who like u2 like coldplay, i gotta get into that band again, i tried to a few months ago but it didnt stick too much, i would be cool tell my freinds that i listen to something other than u2, they all find it odd that that is the only thing i listen to

just a general question about coldplay, have they done any sorta genre jumping stuff like u2 has done so many times?
  2. ps: yellow is one of the most beautiful songs ever made, it rivals Bad for its lyrical genuis and All I Want Is You for its entoxicating romantisim (unless of course I missed the meaning entirely which is completely possible)
  3. Originally posted by poop4charityps: yellow is one of the most beautiful songs ever made, it rivals Bad for its lyrical genuis and All I Want Is You for its entoxicating romantisim (unless of course I missed the meaning entirely which is completely possible)

thats just not true.
  4. Originally posted by poop4charityps: yellow is one of the most beautiful songs ever made, it rivals Bad for its lyrical genuis and All I Want Is You for its entoxicating romantisim (unless of course I missed the meaning entirely which is completely possible)

Yellow is at most a nice song!

Bad and All I want is you are very, very, very good songs.

Hence, Yellow cannot rival neither Bad nor All I want is you.

It is as simple as that! :-)

Let's see how Coldplay's new album is, though. I'm kind of curious.

I think one can compare U2 to the Stones, to Lou Reed, to the big stars...

It looks as though Coldplay belong to a time were all the real big stars already have a certain age. U2 included.
  5. Coldplay cannot compare to U2. They have made some really brilliant songs (Clocks, The Scientist, Trouble, In my Place, Shiver ) but U2 is way bigger.
  6. Originally posted by poop4charityps: yellow is one of the most beautiful songs ever made, it rivals Bad for its lyrical genuis and All I Want Is You for its entoxicating romantisim (unless of course I missed the meaning entirely which is completely possible)

I think it's almost impossible to compare Coldplay to U2, because they are too different in style, contents, sound...
    About YELLOW: I consider it one of the best songs ever written!

Anyway, let's start a subtopic...
    Which album do you prefer between PARACHUTES and A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD? Why?
    THANK YOU!

7. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyColdplay cannot compare to U2. They have made some really brilliant songs (Clocks, The Scientist, Trouble, In my Place, Shiver ) but U2 is way bigger.

Marry Me?