1. A shame we've forgotten this topic Anyway, hoping to spark a revival, here are a couple of my own suggestions:

Bad Suns
    Based in Los Angeles, they released their first EP, Transpose, about two weeks ago. "Cardiac Arrest" seems to be the popular track/single from the EP, but I much prefer the one I'm about to post, "Salt", described in the YouTube description as "a groovy alt-rock track with bounce to rival contemporaries Two Door Cinema Club or Friendly Fires."

Bipolar Sunshine
    The solo project of former Kid British vocalist, Adio Marchant, based in Manchester. He released his first EP, Aesthetics, in June 2013 and his first single from that, "Rivers", quickly made waves. His second EP, Drowning Butterflies, was released in December 2013 and just four days ago, he released another single. The song I'm posting comes from the Drowning Butterflies EP and, funnily enough, is called "Drowning Butterflies"

Hudson Taylor
    Please welcome, all the way from Dublin, Ireland...erm...Hudson Taylor? I first discovered this brotherly duo when they supported Kodaline and I went to see them headline their own show less than a week later. They currently have three EPs out - Battles, Cinematic Lifestyle, and Osea. I don't reckon much to the first EP, but I do really like the other two. Here's a song from Osea:

Lowrider
    I've mentioned this band a few times in the What are you listening to right now? topic. They're an Australian band and they've been around for a while, releasing the first of four albums in 2006. I only discovered them last year when they released their fourth album, Black Stones, and for me that was right up there with my favourite albums of 2013. Unfortunately, there's not much to link to on YouTube. I wanted to post the audio for "In My Arms, "Go Get Gone", or "This City". Instead, I'll post a video for "Golden Sun" (still a very good tack).

Racing Glaciers
    From Bandcamp, "Racing Glaciers are a 5 piece band from Macclesfield, UK. We seem to write music mostly about rivers and the nighttime." You can download their debut EP for free here and if you like it, you could purchase their second, arguably better EP, for just £2. "South" is the best song from the free EP, so you can go get that yourself, I'll link to one of the paid tracks:

Hopefully there's something here for someone
  2. I seen a band over a week ago and it has really stayed with me since then. It's a band called Casual Sex from Glasgow. There is something very new-wave indie about them, fairly original. They remind me of a lighter Devo, sort of got Pixies to them and a Lou Reed/David Bowie stage presence from the frontman.

They've already supported Franz Ferdinand in America and are on their way to SXSW for the next few days – so if you are going, definitely check them out.

I reviewed them and couldn't give any more praise, they were sensational. They only played to maybe 40 or 50 people but played the venue like it was sold out. More songs on their Soundcloud too