1. I read some posts in the Coldplay topic and began to wonder what people's first musical love was. Which artist or band was your first love? Which artist of band did you became a fan of first? My first musical addiction was for Coldplay, until I learned to know U2 off course.
  2. The Police - 1978 to 1984,fan club member & everything.God that was a long ime ago.............

Gotta get on ticketmaster to get tickets for this tour..........not hopeful though.
  3. For me it was U2. When I saw Beautiful Day for the first time on television. That was the moment i fell in love with music... Truly was the one of the greatest moments!
  4. probably techno/breakbeats/trance etc.. i was about 14 years old and used to go to the local skating rink. the DJ at the skating rink also played at a rave later in the evening so he would play the same set at the skating rink as the rave. DJ Icey, Sasha, Paul Van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, BT, Ascension, Tony Faline, Rick West, Uberzone, Keoki, etc.. techno was my first love of music. Now I'm a u2 fanatic.
  5. 1st Band I really loved was Adam and the Ants, I was about 5 years old when stand and deliver came out and the album it came from Prince Charming was the first album I owned.
  6. Except for U2 and Coldplay I didn't really loved any other band. My first musical love was for an Italian singer: Vasco Rossi. He is one of the most important Italian rocker of everywhen, but he has not a great success out of Italy. Now I don't love his music, no longer. This is because I knew his music better and I found too many features that I dislike. What a strange thing, isn't it?
    So I must say that the REAL first musical love of my life is......... U2!
  7. I listened to all sorts of music, mostly the weekly charts. At the age of 8 I listened to House(2Unlimited) and stuff..but I wasn't a fan at all. Later on, at the age of 10/12 is listened to Trance a bit, but that was boring. I was looking for real music, and I always loved guitar music/rock etc. and at the end of the nineties I discovered U2 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. U2 is my absolute number one an always will be..the Peppers are the number two.
  8. It would have to be Michael Jackson. Though these days he's a bit of an oddball.

When I heard Sweetest Thing in 1998 I wondered 'who is that', and the love of U2 has stuck ever since. I am hoping that Mercy gets re-done and I can't wait to hear Northern Star or Love Is All We Have Left. Check out the beach recordings - no. 3 I think from Eze with the Window In The Skies demo.

I have a feeling that's it.
  9. At first i was a great fan of .........Madonna and i stil am !!!!
    But i like u2 more than madonna at first i bought all de singels of her and also of prince ...
    but i'm a fan since 1983 of u2 but in 1991 i started to collect al there cd singles .
    when madonna came to holland i saw al her shows even last year ....
    from 1987 untill 2006 i saw her 5 times .
    once i waitted outside her hotel in london to se here leaving the hotel that was one
    of the greatest experience in my life !!!!!!!!
  10. U2!!! I've already said here that my parents are fans too, so I've heard U2 since I was born.
    Leaving out U2, the first band I loved was The Police and Sting (still being fan!) and a spanish band called El Ultimo De La Fila.
    C·U!
  11. my first band was The Police
    I love them since 1983
    and this year i could see them live for the fist time.
  12. U2 was the first band! it was 1985 .. i was 11 !... closely followed by the Smiths !!