1. Just listening to this again after a long time. Sound is really excellent audience - highly listenable, crisp, clear, well-balanced etc. Band is LOUD. Bono's voice is... well, ZOO TV first leg, no need to add more.

If not the coolest ZOO TV, certainly right up there with the best, and probably the definite coolest ZOO TV first leg boot/show.

Whoever the taper was: a HUGE thank!

This should be our next show of the month, if it hasn't been one already.
  2. thanks for the heads up on this great recording Remy etc sorry my friends but no way is this just three stars, what were you thinking (or what had you been drinking?), ha ha.
  3. Originally posted by ade:thanks for the heads up on this great recording Remy etc sorry my friends but no way is this just three stars, what were you thinking (or what had you been drinking?), ha ha.

3 stars?! No way
  4. So how would it compare to say, Dublin '93 or the most recent Washington '92 bootleg?
  5. I just got around to looking at the setlist...the classic early ZooTV song but no "Desire" or "UV," unfortunately. They must have been running short on time.

6. The sound isn't comparable to Dublin '93, but this follows from a more general principle (viz. that Dublin '93 must be the best sounding bootleg ever...).

The performance, however, is stellar. These shows are a lot rawer than the Outside Broadcast shows, and of the 1993 shows, a fortiori. There's a few mistakes here and there, but the band is extremely bold and energetic.

Another stellar first leg show is Vancouver (23-4). The sound is perhaps better than Sacramento, and most songs are just nailed.
  7. Vancouver is an excellent show.
  8. I always thought the Washington show was one of the best Zoo shows. It seems to get a bad rap around here. Of course it was such a great tour, if we had professional quality recordings of the whole tour, the debates would go on and on and on.
  9. The most recent version Washington '92 (uploaded almost two years ago)sounds fantastic...maybe the audience is a little low but the mucis sounds great. Fabulous setlist, too. BOTH Bad and SBS at this show - this didn't happen very often during the Zoo tour.
  10. Originally posted by pleasegone:I always thought the Washington show was one of the best Zoo shows. It seems to get a bad rap around here. Of course it was such a great tour, if we had professional quality recordings of the whole tour, the debates would go on and on and on.

It's great. But the early ZOO TV have an extra rawness and energy
  11. Originally posted by pleasegone:I always thought the Washington show was one of the best Zoo shows. It seems to get a bad rap around here. Of course it was such a great tour, if we had professional quality recordings of the whole tour, the debates would go on and on and on.

I love the DC show minus the royal screw up of New Years Day by every member but Bono (surprise) The rest of the show is awesome and sounds great. George Bush rap is great intro for Zoo.
    The sound checked New Years Day a bunch before the next show to remember how to play it.