1. Surely among my top 5 U2 concerts I have witnessed. It was purely epic and it's really no exagerration when I say that the sun shone all day and JUST WHEN SPACE ODDITY STARTED, clouds turned up and it began to rain.

First I was sad that I didn't have GA for the concert, but when I saw how heavy the rain fell, I was actually glad I got stands covered by the roof of the stadium.

Many great memories are connected with this concert.
    Highlights are SBS, UTEOTW, Streets obviously, but also Elevation and COBL. Just to name a few.
    And then of course that moment when they played Mercy, one of my fave songs (tho I like the lyrics of the outtakes version way more than the new ones they used at the concert), just pure bliss.

Here're some bits and pieces of the songs I filmed, including the complete Mercy (starts at 6:05):
  2. Thats a nice summary of the show I remember listening to that show it was a good one!
  3. Originally posted by loftarasa:Surely among my top 5 U2 concerts I have witnessed. It was purely epic and it's really no exagerration when I say that the sun shone all day and JUST WHEN SPACE ODDITY STARTED, clouds turned up and it began to rain.

First I was sad that I didn't have GA for the concert, but when I saw how heavy the rain fell, I was actually glad I got stands covered by the roof of the stadium.

Many great memories are connected with this concert.
    Highlights are SBS, UTEOTW, Streets obviously, but also Elevation and COBL. Just to name a few.
    And then of course that moment when they played Mercy, one of my fave songs (tho I like the lyrics of the outtakes version way more than the new ones they used at the concert), just pure bliss.

Here're some bits and pieces of the songs I filmed, including the complete Mercy (starts at 6:05):
    [YouTube Video]

AchtungPop did use a lot of your superb footage for the multicam, great to see the raw stuff, thanks
  4. Yes, we have a kind of multicam-relationship <3
  5. Bono stuffed up GOYB pretty bad from memory? Possibly the worst I've heard him bugger up a U2 song (ie not a snippet)
  6. Really? I will look this up right now! I remember this show has a few fuck ups but they don't ruin the experience

7. Was I correct? Can't quite remember and don't have the show on hand
  8. You are right. Even more epic
  9. I was there. An epic night it was. I'll never forget during Sunday, when the heavy rain even increased to pour down, that a massive amount of people in the pit rushed to the back part to seek shelter unter the tents (or wherever they went), and the die-hard folks like me got many many meters to run to the front, and we stood together in this thunder and lightening and sang with even more intense "something" that you get oh so rarely on a concert....,to look into the eyes of people around you and have a silent understanding that this is one of those epic moments... just wow. Will never forget. And Mothers, my first time of hearing it live and sing along, the shivers still come back to me. And Mercy of course. And we danced during Streets.... when I returned to my hostel late that night, I shared the elevator inside the hostel with a total stranger, and the elevator ride only lasted for a few seconds, but he wore a U2 shirt and I did and we both were soaked to the bone, and the doors closed behind us and he looked at me and smiled and all he said was "a night to remember forever" and I agreed and we shook hands in perfect understanding and the doors opened and we went our seperate ways - but that says it all.
    And I should stop babbling. A night I will never forgert. I got sick for a whole week afterwards (hooray Munich) but it was all worth it
  10. Originally posted by MacStripey:I was there. An epic night it was. I'll never forget during Sunday, when the heavy rain even increased to pour down, that a massive amount of people in the pit rushed to the back part to seek shelter unter the tents (or wherever they went), and the die-hard folks like me got many many meters to run to the front, and we stood together in this thunder and lightening and sang with even more intense &quot;something&quot; that you get oh so rarely on a concert....,to look into the eyes of people around you and have a silent understanding that this is one of those epic moments... just wow. Will never forget. And Mothers, my first time of hearing it live and sing along, the shivers still come back to me. And Mercy of course. And we danced during Streets.... when I returned to my hostel late that night, I shared the elevator inside the hostel with a total stranger, and the elevator ride only lasted for a few seconds, but he wore a U2 shirt and I did and we both were soaked to the bone, and the doors closed behind us and he looked at me and smiled and all he said was &quot;a night to remember forever&quot; and I agreed and we shook hands in perfect understanding and the doors opened and we went our seperate ways - but that says it all.
    And I should stop babbling. A night I will never forgert. I got sick for a whole week afterwards (hooray Munich) but it was all worth it

What an opportunity