1. While this is bumped...

I found this over the last year or so and don't know if I've ever posted. Was listening to a random ISHFWILF on YouTube and then 2:43 happened - my heart hasn't skipped a beat hearing Bono sing in almost ten years, but good fucking god, when I heard that.

2. Originally posted by MattG:While this is bumped...

I found this over the last year or so and don't know if I've ever posted. Was listening to a random ISHFWILF on YouTube and then 2:43 happened - my heart hasn't skipped a beat hearing Bono sing in almost ten years, but good fucking god, when I heard that.

[YouTube Video]
    Wow, I haven't heard this one before. Which show is this from?
  3. Notre Dame 2001 (just after 911). An absolutely fantastic show which has a wonderful recording (available here!) to go along with it!
  4. Originally posted by MattG:While this is bumped...

[YouTube Video]
    He did indeed hit that note! Awesome.
  5. Originally posted by MattG:While this is bumped...

[YouTube Video]

Probably cause Bono hasn't sang properly in ten years
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Notre Dame 2001 (just after 911). An absolutely fantastic show which has a wonderful recording (available here!) to go along with it!

Indeed, the recording here is the JEMS satellite capture. Now available in FLAC as well
  7. Time to download
  8. Listening to it now. Must admit that the mysterious ways version on this show is pretty awesome as well
  9. Maybe it's purely timing for me as a fan but I never thought any live U2 song sounded "tired" or "played out" until the Vertigo tour.
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:Maybe it's purely timing for me as a fan but I never thought any live U2 song sounded "tired" or "played out" until the Vertigo tour.
    Same for me
  11. Go listen to Pride, Still Haven't Found, With or Without You, or maybe One on Popmart.
  12. Originally posted by RUMMY:Maybe it's purely timing for me as a fan but I never thought any live U2 song sounded "tired" or "played out" until the Vertigo tour.
    I think it’s a fair point. Looking at a few of the classics there aren’t many songs that I preferred on future tours to the elevation tour so maybe performance has played a big factor too. One for example hasnt been performed as well since, WOWY and Streets I would say the same and even UTEOTW was full of a little more energy back then despite some great performances since. I also prefer SBS, pride and Bullet to any versions since and add to that the ATYCLB tracks never sounding better as well it all adds up. Mysterious Ways and EBTTRT have been better since and The Fly has been performed at least equal on 360 even though we’re talking about 2 different versions. Bad again has been equalled since but then the combo of bad going into Streets was something special. Anyway to bring it back to ISHFWILF the acoustic version I previously mentioned I prefer to anything since with exception of the JT17 version which I think was equal but again a totally different version.