1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1997-11-26 - Atlanta, Georgia. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist

Mofo
    I Will Follow
    Gone
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Last Night On Earth
    Until The End Of The World / Break On Through (snippet)
    New Year's Day
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    All I Want Is You / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet)
    Staring At The Sun
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Please
    Where The Streets Have No Name

encore(s):
    Discothèque / Love To Love You Baby (snippet) / Shiny Happy People (snippet) / Life During Wartime (snippet) / Stayin' Alive (snippet)
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    With Or Without You
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    Mysterious Ways
    One / MLK (snippet)

Comments:
    U2's POPmart show in Atlanta took place in the 3rd leg of the tour in North America. The show had a pretty emotional vibe, due to Michael Hutchence dying a few days before. One was dedicated to him, and INXS's Never Tear Us Apart is snippeted by Bono in the main set, then the song itself is played over the PA as the house lights come up at the end of the concert. This was the first show that ended with 40 since the end of the Lovetown shows in 1990. All in all a special show that's worth listening back to, enjoy!

Show Page
    1997-11-26 - Atlanta, Georgia
  2. Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop muzik!

I'll listen to and review this one
  3. I have this boot already!

I'll be sure to listen to it and give my thoughts.
  4. Great show, great sound, great renditions of some songs. One of the best 3rd leg Popmarts for me
  5. The only known snippet of Shiny Happy People! I'm gonna listen to most of this show tonight... POPMART
  6. I think REM might have been in attendance (at least I positively know REM witnessed some Popmart shows and partied with U2 afterwards, so maybe I'm not wrong in assuming Atlanta is the most probable option), hence the REM snippet.
  7. I was at this show and it was very powerful. Hutchinson death and the fact he talks about it from the stage. Back then set never really changed so "40" was a real surprise. We just assumed show would end with "one"
    I haven't listened to this boot in years so ill have a walk down memory lane.
  8. Originally posted by jasvan:I was at this show and it was very powerful. Hutchinson death and the fact he talks about it from the stage. Back then set never really changed so "40" was a real surprise. We just assumed show would end with "one"
    I haven't listened to this boot in years so ill have a walk down memory lane.

That's great', we'd like to hear your review Also, I didn't know that the fans knew the setlists back then, I thought most of them (excepto those who had gone to a previous show) didn't know about it. Where did you get the info? Internet? Other fans?
  9. Flower children.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

That's great', we'd like to hear your review Also, I didn't know that the fans knew the setlists back then, I thought most of them (excepto those who had gone to a previous show) didn't know about it. Where did you get the info? Internet? Other fans?

Very early days of the Internet. I want to say interference.com was around.
    I remember reading about U2 album POP being called "Super City Mania" .
    Back then it was a lot of search engine searches to get info. But I got boots pretty quick after shows. You would send a guy a check or blank CDs and 4-5 weeks later a boot would arrive. That's how I got a copy of this show around January, February of 98. Wow how times have changed!
    We can hardly wait two or three hours after a broadcast for copies
  11. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]

Very early days of the Internet. I want to say interference.com was around.
    I remember reading about U2 album POP being called "Super City Mania" .
    Back then it was a lot of search engine searches to get info. But I got boots pretty quick after shows. You would send a guy a check or blank CDs and 4-5 weeks later a boot would arrive. That's how I got a copy of this show around January, February of 98. Wow how times have changed!
    We can hardly wait two or three hours after a broadcast for copies

OMG, something about your story has made me extremely jealous! The mystery of the pre-internet age is something i would love to have been around for.
  12. I had the boots from Barcelona and Sarajevo before i ve seen them in Feb in Buenos Aires ...
    i don t remenber when i bought them but i also knew the show from Leeds but i didn t have the money to buy it