1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1992-07-02 - Verona, Italy. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist

Zoo Station
    The Fly
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways / Love To Love You Baby (snippet)
    One / Unchained Melody (snippet)
    Until The End Of The World
    New Year's Day
    Dirty Old Town
    Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    Angel Of Harlem / My Girl (snippet)
    When Love Comes To Town
    Satellite Of Love
    Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet) / All I Want Is You (snippet)
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    Stand By Me

encore(s):
    Desire / You Make Me Feel So Young (snippet)
    Happy Birthday
    Ultra Violet (Light My Way) / My Way (snippet)
    With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
    Love Is Blindness
    Can't Help Falling In Love

Comments:
    This month we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of the Zooropa album, and with this show of the month we want to add something to that anniversary. The show in 1993 featured some great shows and snippets. Larry sings Dirty Old Town for the last time and Bono, in his MacPhisto character, phones Clannad during the encore and sings Happy Birthday to them. We have an excellent 4-star audience recording of this show available for you to listen and review!

Show page
    1993-07-02 - Verona, Italy
  2. Great show, great bootleg from the Zooropa tour (even if it's got no Zooropa songs), recommended
  3. Nice show. Love these European gigs before the Zooropa songs landed. My donkeys old review wasn't too flattering though.

4. Thanks for fixing that sentence Sergio
  5. No prob chief

6. You basically said the opposite haha It's funny to read old reviews of your own because you realize how tastes change!

7. (guess who was the supporter? .. my avatar can give some clue hehe )
  8. oh yes .. both night in Verona ... double PJ - U2 .. you can imagine my feelings those nights hehe
  9. I like those shows...but i feel this is the weakest part of the tour. From this moment the shows needed the new songs and this arrived with delay.

10. Were you a PJ fan already? How were them (and the audience response) compared to other support bands?
  11. yes i was .. i already saw them twice the year before in small clubs in Milano and Ten was deep in my veins hehe .. they were more than an underground cult band .. you know those were fully the grunge years.
    at the concert there was a quite large bunch who came just to see them occupying the front rows and then left the position when PJ finished .. i was there for both (well more for U2 of course hehe) so i could easily take my good spot
    the rest of the audience was half and half ... some learned to appreciate them some others simply disinterested lets say.
    PJ were great with all the frenzy energy they had at that time .. they shot 2 explosive mini-concerts and with quite different set from a night to the other .. also playing some songs from the album that came some months later .. Vs

being U2 show of the month .. it was a great classic Zooropa concert, like Sergio said with no Zooropa songs, which i started to get in Turin days later. more likely a ZooTV with the new outfit for the stadium .. with the mystic apparition of MacPhisto .. almost a divine experience hehehe .. last Larry on vocals if i'm not wrong
    absolutely a great choice for me