1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1985-06-22 - Milton Keynes, England. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    I Will Follow
    Seconds
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Wire / Give Me Some Truth (snippet)
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    The Cry
    The Electric Co. / Wooden Heart (snippet) / Amazing Grace (snippet) / Ziggy Stardust (snippet)
    A Sort Of Homecoming
    Rain / A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall (snippet)
    Bad / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Sympathy For The Devil (snippet)
    October
    New Year's Day
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
    Party Girl
    Gloria
    40 / Do They Know It's Christmas (snippet) / We Are The World (snippet)

Comments:
    This show was part of 'The Longest Day' concert, of which the line up featured The Faith Brothers, Spear Of Destiny, Billy Bragg, The Ramones, REM and U2. People who attended this show regard this as one of U2's finest, despite the weather (very cold and heavy rain). It's a real hidden gem that is not known for its status outside of the fans who listened to or attended this show. It's time it gets to that status, so if you have some free time in December: spend it listening to this great show.

Show Page
    1985-06-22 - Milton Keynes, England

Enjoy!
  2. Regarded as one of the best and most energetic shows in 1985 by those who were there Great sound as well. Highly recommended. The Bad malfunction / jokes / messy Rain / Bad sequence is hilarious haha.
  3. My first U2 gig. Thanks :-)
  4. One of the very first U2 boots I ever heard actually. I've got it on tape... somewhere around here. The Bad malfunction is very funny.
  5. And then Bono says "the next song is... something... I hope that sounds like... the song Bad!".
  6. Milton Keynes is one of my favourite U2 shows of the UF-Tour.
    Around the time ('94) i got the Casette, it ran in my cars MC-Player 24/7.
    I think i can still quote the whole concert.

A few years ago i was googeling the snippet in "Party Girl"
    and i found a site transcribing the whole concert!
    (http://members.aol.com/Michreiter/850622.txt). Too bad it's down.
    The transcription gave me the chance to understand the "sandwich joke" ...finally after over 10 years.
  7. Was at this show--poured down with rain but was awesome. Ramones and REM and spear of destiny. U2 were superb--Bad after the malfunction was superb--very similar to Live Aid a few weeks later. Unforgettable
  8. this is one of the highlights to my U2 journey, pissed with rain all day soaked to the skin and covered in mud, mainly due to the mud sliding we did part-take in. U2 performed a solid and amazing set, highlights were Bad and the fact the show went ahead, was worried for a wee while. by the time I got home looking like a drowned rat the look on my mums face and the words that fallowed "was it worth it" hell yes.
    funny thing is my ticket was still intact out of the bus load that went mine is the sole surviver

download and enjoy u2 at their very best.
  9. Thank you ALL for this amazing memories. What a great concert it must have been