1. Every month we have a show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 2001-03-30 in Atlanta, Georgia. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the shows page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

2001-03-30 - Atlanta, Georgia - Philips Arena

Elevation / Creep (snippet) / Steppin' Stone (snippet)
    Beautiful Day
    Until The End Of The World / Two Tribes (snippet)
    New Year's Day
    Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    Gone
    Discothèque / Devil Inside (snippet) / Sexual Healing (snippet) / Staring At The Sun (snippet)
    New York / She's Lost Control (snippet)
    I Will Follow
    Sunday Bloody Sunday / Could You Be Loved (snippet) / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)
    Sweetest Thing
    In A Little While / Crazy Love (snippet)
    The Ground Beneath Her Feet
    Bad / 40 (snippet) / Higher Love (snippet)
    Psalm 116 (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
    Mysterious Ways
    The Fly

encore(s):
    Bullet The Blue Sky / Whole Lotta Love (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
    With Or Without You
    One / Losing My Religion (snippet) / Everybody Hurts (snippet)
    Walk On

Comments on this show
    This is an amazing show from the Elevation tour, available in great quality. The show features tons of snippets and a great crowd is present is well. R.E.M. snippets are among the shows' highlights. A show that cannot be omited from any Elevation tour collection.

We encourage you to listen to this show this month and write your own review, the more, the better. Enjoy!
  2. I think I'll get in board with this one myself.
  3. Perfomance wise not their best show but its fun to see them finding their way into a new tour, at the time.
  4. I like the earlys Elevation shows ... specially because Discothèque, Sweetest Thing and The Ground Beneath Her Feet
  5. And the Staring At The Sun snippet (almost a full performance sometimes) during Discotheque, one of my favorite moments of that whole tour
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:And the Staring At The Sun snippet (almost a full performance sometimes) during Discotheque, one of my favorite moments of that whole tour

+1

i love that mix with the Devil Inside part too
  7. Btw, isn't this the U2-show with the most snippets ever ?
  8. I was at this show. It was our third one in less then a week. I was about two to three feet away from Bono in the heart. It was a amazing night. Out of the three they just seems more comfortable and were really enjoying each other on stage. Disco/St Sun was great because I couldn't really understand what they did opening night in Miami and then they didn't play it in Charlotte because they were late arriving. Sweetest Thing was also very good and had a lot of energy. Its funny when I heard this Sb recording a couple years ago I was surprised how many mess ups and stuff because in the moment it seemed like they were on it. Funny how your mind can play tricks on you in the "heat of the battle" It still one of my favorite shows to attend out of the 18 I've been to. Cool thing after the show being on the floor I walked right up to Vip area by floor and there is Mike Mills from Rem and Daniel Lanouis and he just looks at me and says hi! I looked down and he had these blue sued shows on. Kind of a little guy as well. But we talked for a second and I told him "great job" on the album, something a stupid fan says. But he was real a cool guy. Fun night. Fly was also really cool because Bono jumped into audience at end and somehow got threw the floor to a exit but he never got back on stage. I think he was still feeling out what he was doing during that song. Cant believe this was 13 years ago next month.
  9. Amazing story Jason! Gotta love when someone was at a show and shares his personal memories of it Thanks!

Good point about the mind playing tricks on oneself, it's happened to me with mostly every show I have attended (U2 included)... Some things stand out, some things get buried or forgotten... Bootlegs set the record straight though (and sometimes take away a little of the magic you felt at the show, sadly)
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:

Good point about the mind playing tricks on oneself, it's happened to me with mostly every show I have attended (U2 included)... Some things stand out, some things get buried or forgotten... Bootlegs set the record straight though (and sometimes take away a little of the magic you felt at the show, sadly)

+1 totally with that mind tricks

Great history Jason !