1. Never like that version, the full on band arrangement is how it should be played, I'm surprised they never played it live and just went with the acoustic version, it's the best song on SOI IMO
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Never like that version, the full on band arrangement is how it should be played, I'm surprised they never played it live and just went with the acoustic version, it's the best song on SOI IMO
    Exactly my thoughts! Except that in my opinion Cedarwood Road is best and EBW 2nd
  3. EBW is like Staring at the Sun
    Once they found out that the acoustic versions were best they went on playing them that way
    So I think we’ll never have EBW and SATS full band
  4. Originally posted by Fly40:EBW is like Staring at the Sun
    Once they found out that the acoustic versions were best they went on playing them that way
    We had SATS full band for at least a month in 97, we never had a proper EBW, and I'm still bitter about it.
  5. Originally posted by Fly40:EBW is like Staring at the Sun
    They never played a full band version of EBW live so that's a pointless argument, SATS was a dreadful song regardless of whatever version they did of it.
  6. My wife chose EBW to walk down the aisle to. I had nothing to do with it I swear. Her brother was on music duties and played the piano version. She weren’t happy.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:My wife chose EBW to walk down the aisle to. I had nothing to do with it I swear. Her brother was on music duties and played the piano version. She weren’t happy.
    Your brother in law knows nothing. Your wife is on our team though!
  8. The piano version I think is still great but the album version is my favourite. Would love to have heard them give it a go live.
  9. Keep wondering why they didn't try the full-band version live, they must have rehearsed it?
  10. Full band version should be the only version.
  11. Staring at the sun and EBW suffer both of the laziness of U2 in spending days and days in rehearsing songs, the easy way is to play it acoustic. Which I think its a shame.
  12. I felt the acoustic version of EBW was always superior. It feels more emotional. I do think the versions where Larry and Adam come in towards the end like they did on the promo tour is lightyears better than just piano.

Sometimes songs that have a lot of layers in the studio versions make it hard to play live because it always sounds like it’s missing something. Staring at the sun, do you feel loved, electrical storm, all because of you, etc. suffered from that I feel, so maybe it was the same with EBW. Just missing some oomph.