1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:He should write more in the third person. Cedars Of Lebanon is amazing. Or at least write as a different person than himself...
    Yeah, but the chorus of Cedars Of Lebanon is very weak, imo.
    I'm not good in English language. So the lyrics is not the most important thing to me. That is the music.
  2. Originally posted by Koos1984:[..]
    Yeah, but the chorus of Cedars Of Lebanon is very weak, imo.
    I'm not good in English language. So the lyrics is not the most important thing to me. That is the music.
    A big +1, thats why I dont mind his writing.
  3. I really didn't rate Cedars of Lebanon at all. I mean, I appreciate the lyricism but the output was poor to me. I never understood what the fuss was all about - it got lauded by fans.
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:I really didn't rate Cedars of Lebanon at all. I mean, I appreciate the lyricism but the output was poor to me. I never understood what the fuss was all about - it got lauded by fans.
    I don't rate it particularly either, in fact it's quite far away from where I want u2 to be in all honesty. Doesn't hit the lows of boots but doesn't hit any heights at all either.
  5. Just saw in forum over at @u2.com that Today Fm Ireland announced U2 would release new single this week.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
  6. Originally posted by jasvan:Just saw in forum over at @u2.com that Today Fm Ireland announced U2 would release new single this week.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Are you sure that hasn't been misquoted as in meaning to say they intend to play a new song on the tour?
  7. If its true, it must be

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    The Little Things
  8. Don't know but it makes sense if they are premiering a new song from the album coming you get it out before you start playing it live.
  9. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    Don't know but it makes sense if they are premiering a new song from the album coming you get it out before you start playing it live.
    It'd most likely be out on Friday morning if anything... a little under 24 hours before the first show. I have the feeling though that they aren't going to put the song out until later, and that the radio station has been reading through fan sites and (Joshua Tree 30 Rehearsals Spoiler)
    discovered that they've been rehearsing new material/The Little Things
    and have blown said spoiler out of proportion

If true though, I am excited and will be sorry I ever had any doubt.
  10. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    Don't know but it makes sense if they are premiering a new song from the album coming you get it out before you start playing it live.
    Timing makes perfect sense. Garners more hype around this tour and also generates buzz about SOE.

The only negative for U2, if they have any doubts about SOE release date, and they do release this now, it becomes another Invisible... scraps thrown to keep us happy...
  11. Originally posted by jmushouse:[..]
    It'd most likely be out on Friday morning if anything... a little under 24 hours before the first show. I have the feeling though that they aren't going to put the song out until later, and that the radio station has been reading through fan sites and (Joshua Tree 30 Rehearsals Spoiler)
    discovered that they've been rehearsing new material/The Little Things
    and have blown said spoiler out of proportion

If true though, I am excited and will be sorry I ever had any doubt.
    I would think a radio station would know before many if a new single is getting released for them to play.