1. Originally posted by hoserama:I know of several tapers that will be in NYC. I do not expect them to share.

Nothing wrong with being proactive in seeking out taper coverage.
    That's sad. Why would they not share?
  2. Every one is entitled to their own opinions and actions... Some tapers just tape for the sake of having a memory of the show (same reason why many people take pics or record vids with their phones, for example), but don't intend to share it with the wide world because it's not their primary intention when they tape the show - whether there's a lot or very few demand for that show or artist. All respect to them. I myself have taped lots of shows that didn't end up being shared for whatever reason.

Some others are just hoarders though
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Every one is entitled to their own opinions and actions... Some tapers just tape for the sake of having a memory of the show (same reason why many people take pics or record vids with their phones, for example), but don't intend to share it with the wide world because it's not their primary intention when they tape the show - whether there's a lot or very few demand for that show or artist. All respect to them. I myself have taped lots of shows that didn't end up being shared for whatever reason.

Some others are just hoarders though
    i would be a hoarder too
  4. Everybody can make their own decisions on their own recordings. I've shared a bunch of my own recordings but also held back a bunch.

So if you want to make sure you get copies, either do it yourself or make sure somebody you trust does it too.
  5. I bet a lot a people downloaded, tomorrow or other day will be on the web again haha
  6. I could never tape a show. I sing too loud. LOL! Thanks to all that do share their recordings and take time out of their lives to design bootleg covers!

I think if anything U2 should look into recording all their shows and making them available similar to Pearl Jam or Bruce Springsteen.
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:Everybody can make their own decisions on their own recordings. I've shared a bunch of my own recordings but also held back a bunch.

So if you want to make sure you get copies, either do it yourself or make sure somebody you trust does it too.
    just perfectly said i agree
  8. Originally posted by AMLBONO:I could never tape a show. I sing too loud. LOL! Thanks to all that do share their recordings and take time out of their lives to design bootleg covers!

I think if anything U2 should look into recording all their shows and making them available similar to Pearl Jam or Bruce Springsteen.
    I agree. I'm too self involved in the show. But God bless those that go through the labors for all of us to enjoy and share with us. As for the hoarders... I guess to each his own. Not like theres money in bootlegs anymore. Throughout history there have been those that have gotten self gratification in keeping art to themselves...
  9. Originally posted by AMLBONO:I could never tape a show. I sing too loud. LOL! Thanks to all that do share their recordings and take time out of their lives to design bootleg covers!

Get yourself a pair of hypercardioids microphones like my AT943's which pick up much less of the noise around you... and including you I'm a singer above all lol, I can never shut up while recording, but these mics never pick my voice up, or not above the rest of the crowd at least. I love them because of that
  10. Yeah...I still would advise heavily against singing while running mics.
  11. Yeah, me too.