1. $24 AUD from ebay, worth it since it is for charity.
  2. If it's a private seller then you're just funding their personal charity. If it's one of the organizations involved then a big yes
  3. I FINALLY got around to give this a spin while heading to work. I am writing this as I listen, no repeats and no second thoughts, just as it comes.

I don't get all the bashing to Gavin James' version of Streets, I think it is great. It's obviously nowhere near the original or even less, U2's live versions... But it portraits the simple quality of the songwriting underneath the original version's sonic epicness

Still Haven't Found and WOWY are not up to the opener. Still Haven't Found is more a tribute to Imelda's voice than to the original artist (should be Imelda's voice tributing the song, not the other way round). And WOWY was so standard, like a poor
    man's Snow Patrol becoming a U2 cover band.

BTBS is surprising and a total reinvention of the song, THAT's the spirit of albums like these. Fantastic version by All Tvvins

RTSS is "just nice" although I was hoping a bit more from Kodaline, my 2nd fav of the bands participating in this album.

RHMT is nice and I would have been ok with this version being performed at the tour instead of the horns crap that they gave us

IGC is again a standard cover version in the fashion of WOWY, just only better. The solo is shockingly mediocre though (nobody plays it like The Edge, not even the best "professional" cover bands).

TTYW is my least favorite song off TJT but The Strypes are my favorite band of the bunch, and MAN do they improve the song or what?! Abrassive, aggressive, truly desert-like, pure blues-rock. That solo at 04:05, for God's sake. I mean, how many times you can say you prefer a cover version rather than the original song by your favorite band?

One Tree Hill is such a perfect, perfect song on the album that I suspected this was going to be a disappointment no matter how good The Coronas did it. And they did it very well, taking it to a different ground... It's just miles behind the original (the "Run to the ocean, run to the sea" ending was crap though).

Exit was meh until 2:20, then it became as awesome as you'd expect. The ending is fucking brutal, I was headbanging in the bus and the person sitting besides me was freaking out

MOTD, well... This song is all about the haunting atmosphere and the extra sad lyrics. Turning it into a R&B choral gospel-like thing is bold and deserves praise, but it just didn't work out given which song it is.

Overall a enjoyable experience, recommended to all
  4. I think the Strypes win the album. Brilliant version.
  5. YES. A thousand times yes.

PS. Everyone reading this who don't know The Strypes should go and check them out. Brilliant and super young band.
  6. And that's not even considering the excellent harmonica play

This song makes my day
  7. Should be the next PA intro song...just sayin'...
  8. That'd be incredible!
  9. So just gave it a listen...
    - Streets acoustic is interesting but not good idea...
    - ISHFWILF and WOWY ar very forgettable
    - Bullet: don't say I really love that version, but definitely very very interesting and hats down for making it like this
    - Running belongs to forgettable category
    - Red Hill is very nice, really good attempt
    - In God's Country - nothing to add but didn't ruin it - not bad
    - Trip Through - interesting "pub rock'n'roll" version with nicely added short solos
    - OTH - musically not bad, just don't like his voice (it's like Chris Martin sings it). Btw did you notice those ooohs like from Elevation?
    - Exit - oh this is nice... like that guitar sounds and dubbed vocals in the first part and nicely graded to heavy parts. Really greatly done. Didn't know anything about Fangclub, but now I'm curious for their own songs
    - Mothers - Great Voice (a little reminds me of Florence Welch) and nice final track. Not the best but definitely in the top half

There are really great and interesting tracks but half of album is very forgettable
    Top tracks: Bullet, Red Hill, Trip Through, Exit (no order)
  10. here is RHMT

11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    YES. A thousand times yes.

PS. Everyone reading this who don't know The Strypes should go and check them out. Brilliant and super young band.
    I didn't know them. But that changed today. Sounds a bit like Elvis Costello. They are playing in the famous Amsterdam Paradiso club, next January 25th. Just for €20,- That's where U2 played in 1980. I think I will take a look there.
  12. Originally posted by maartenpetra:[..]
    I didn't know them. But that changed today. Sounds a bit like Elvis Costello. They are playing in the famous Amsterdam Paradiso club, next January 25th. Just for €20,- That's where U2 played in 1980. I think I will take a look there.
    GO! You won't regret.