1. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Simply, an eye for an eye.

Good point.
  2. A case in Adelaide about two years ago, where a man shot a newspaper delivery guy in the eye because he thought he'd been doing things to younger girls - and as a result lost his eye, but this newspaper delivery man was completely innocent just going about his day.

Yet he only recieved a $100 fine for shooting him. After a massive protest about this certain case, he then recieved two or three years in jail. Apalling justice to this man, who went about his day and lost an eye because of it. That's where the "Eye For An Eye" comes in - but where is the justice in this case? Nowhere.
  3. Originally posted by drewhigginsA case in Adelaide about two years ago, where a man shot a newspaper delivery guy in the eye because he thought he'd been doing things to younger girls - and as a result lost his eye, but this newspaper delivery man was completely innocent just going about his day.

Yet he only recieved a $100 fine for shooting him. After a massive protest about this certain case, he then recieved two or three years in jail. Apalling justice to this man, who went about his day and lost an eye because of it. That's where the "Eye For An Eye" comes in - but where is the justice in this case? Nowhere.

That's one of the worst stories I've ever heard. The Newspaper guy got a completely raw deal. That guy should have been locked up even longer. That could be attempted murder!
  4. Originally posted by JohnnyVOXX[..]
    I kind of know all of this, becouse of the events that happened with my family.......

I'm very sorry to hear that! I can't understand what leads people to do such things
  5. Originally posted by easports43[..]

That's one of the worst stories I've ever heard. The Newspaper guy got a completely raw deal. That guy should have been locked up even longer. That could be attempted murder!

I think he's out now. But yes, he should have his sentence extended - to life.

Attempted murder > 2-3 years
    Murder > 9-11 years
    Robbery > 22+ years

What's the idea behind murder getting less than robbery?
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

I think he's out now. But yes, he should have his sentence extended - to life.

Attempted murder > 2-3 years
    Murder > 9-11 years
    Robbery > 22+ years

What's the idea behind murder getting less than robbery?

Attempted murder is only 2-3 years in Australia? That's crazy.
  7. Originally posted by JohnnyVOXX
    I support it because I think that's the only answer to the problem... the issue is to be a 100% that the convicted is guilty. there's no place for grey, I believe it has to be black or white, in the terms of definition not race.

I beg to differ.
    Killing another person is not the answer to the problem, it only makes it worse. When executing a person for a crime, you just let him 'go away' and the problem remains unsolved.
    You need to ask yourself whether you want the problem to be solved or do you want to keep the problem by killing and wait for the next person to be killed.
    If the criminal would still be alive, there is a chance to let him understand that he has hurt society and a chance to let him pay us back.

Even criminals deserve a 2nd chance.

I do believe in grey. In life there's no such thing as black or white. there will always be another option.

Originally posted by JohnnyVOXX
    I believe that kind of people don't deserve to live...

Those people obviously have a problem, but I really don't think that it is our right to decide who lives and who dies. Just like a murderer who decides who gets to live and who dies, the answer to murder is not killing the murderer, but educating him.

Originally posted by JohnnyVOXX
    I have to tell you also, that a very close family member was raped, and sincerely I can't figure out what goes on inside the head of that kind of animal, but what I know is that once they started doing it they can't stop doing it over and over again, so for me, they don't have a place in this world.

I'm very sad to hear this. And your right about criminals doing it again, but I believe that the solution to that is by sending them to prison. not by killing them.

All in all, I know how tough it is and how easy it is to think of revenge, but as a society we need to look forward and think about how to make things better for our children, not dealing with the past and letting more people die.

So basically it's Love and Peace, Or Else....

8. Originally posted by NoamTG[..]
    All in all, I know how tough it is and how easy it is to think of revenge, but as a society we need to look forward and think about how to make things better for our children, not dealing with the past and letting more people die.

I don't think that would be possible if your young daughter or wife was raped or something terrible like that. I'm afraid if someone close to me was raped then I'd be seeking revenge with my claw hammer. No I wouldn't kill the person but I would aim to parsalyse them (and put their manhood beyond use). And I would feel no remorse at all, why should I? They feel no remorse when they carry out these acts or barbarity.

(sorry for the violence guys but put yourself in that position)
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I don't think that would be possible if your young daughter or wife was raped or something terrible like that. I'm afraid if someone close to me was raped then I'd be seeking revenge with my claw hammer. No I wouldn't kill the person but I would aim to parsalyse them (and put their manhood beyond use). And I would feel no remorse at all, why should I? They feel no remorse when they carry out these acts or barbarity.

(sorry for the violence gfuys but put yourself in that position)

In Israel 1 out of 3 women will be /was raped. 1/3[!] and for men it's 1/4!
    so, I know people who were raped.

And as I said, the easy option is to revenge and take the law to you hands and beat the hell out of the criminal. But your a part of a society, and by that there a laws and rules which you need to obey them. Therefore the harder option is to forgive.

If a close one will be raped of course I'd be angry and mad, but as time goes by I'll learn to forgive.

Edit: and by beating him up, your only contributing to the violence circle. Cause after you'll beat him up, he will seek revenge and it will never stop.
    also beating him up won't change the fact that he raped. so there's no good in beating him up.

and I'll recommend some anger management classes

10. Originally posted by NoamTG[..]

If a close one will be raped of coure I'd be angry and mad, but as time goes by I'll learn to forgive.

tsose are shocking facts. 1/4 men are raped? My god. You are a very forviving person. I'm not as forgiving as that
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

tsose are shocking facts. 1/4 men are raped? My god. You are a very forviving person. I'm not as forgiving as that

yep. It's a sacrry statistic, but it depends on where you live and such..

so it's not scary to go out side at night, but it never hurts to be careful.

I have to be forgiving. It's the only way we can move on.
    And I'm not saying that a rapist shouldn't be punished, just not killed.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

(sorry for the violence guys but put yourself in that position)

Well, of course it's natural to feel hate and even more natural to want to hunt that person down. They should have their hands placed through barbed wire and run across it. There is no excuse for it, and excuses why you weren't able to control your urges do not cut it.