1. Originally posted by thebonodrumsI would just like to say to people that I AM SO IMPRESSED!!!!! I guess all U2 fans are united no matter what our beliefs. If this were any other forum there would be people arguing and cursin eachother out. Its awesome we can have a civilized convo about politics without arguing. When i saw the topic i was like "oh this is great i bet its already been closed" but to my surprise nothin but love. Awesome...im a christian and to me community is a great thing. Thanks guys. this is the best web site ive ever been affiliated with and I will be here for years to come

That's why I've loved this place since I have joined it! It's the best community I have seen
  2. This thread is going great. Each one respecting each other, keeping it nice.

I have to hook here again, saying that I don't support (nor supported, nor will support) the war (any war, in fact). I hate every war. Specially the war against Iraq, mainly because it was supported BY LIES. That's horrible. Lying is in fact the worst (and most common...) thiing of the politics.

Changing the general theme (everyone who has wanted to, has spreaded his opinion about the war), I stay a new topic:
    What do you think about Death Penalty?

PS. "Bombing For Peace Is Like Fucking For Virginity". AMEN
  3. The first casulity of war is truth.
  4. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01The first casulity of war is truth.
    Another big AMEN for you...
  5. Originally posted by LikeASongThis thread is going great. Each one respecting each other, keeping it nice.

I have to hook here again, saying that I don't support (nor supported, nor will support) the war (any war, in fact). I hate every war. Specially the war against Iraq, mainly because it was supported BY LIES. That's horrible. Lying is in fact the worst (and most common...) thiing of the politics.

Changing the general theme (everyone who has wanted to, has spreaded his opinion about the war), I stay a new topic:

PS. "Bombing For Peace Is Like Fucking For Virginity". AMEN

LikeASong,
    I have to agree with you, I also hate any kind of war, and I don't think that I could be able to support any in the future...

regarding the new topic about Death Penalty, I have to say that I support it.

I will try to get my thoughts organized a little more, in order to explain why I do, and in wich situations I believe it should be sentenced.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong

To me the issue of Death Penalty is not a political matter. I mean, to answer what you ask I have to look at it religiously. For me, as a muslim, I look at the Quran:

"Whoever kills a person - except as a punishment for murder or Fasaad fil Ardh - is as if he has killed the whole of mankind."

Fasaad fil Ardh literally means to cause "disorder in the land", (and I quote the following from an islamic website) "includes crimes committed against the community, rather than an individual or crimes that are of the nature of religious persecution or crimes committed with the objective of spreading a wave of terror through the community or crimes committed against the state."

And in the case of murder, the relatives of the victim have the right to forgive the murderer...in that case the state should not administer the death penalty. The Quran has actually prompted the relatives of the victim to forgive the criminal.

So, I believe it is right in the above cases and with the above exception.
    Guess that explains my thought
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong
    I have to hook here again, saying that I don't support (nor supported, nor will support) the war (any war, in fact). I hate every war.

Agree 100%. Nothing good ever came out of a war or other kinds of violence.

Against it. No one deserves to die by another human, and by not executing criminals we actually teach them and society that they do get a 2nd chance.

Of course it's hard to let criminals live, and I'm sure a lot of them do deserve such a punishment. But at the bottom line it only shows other criminals that society has given up on them.

If you believe in God then you can argue that it is not our job to decide who gets to live and who dies. It's Gods job.
  8. I wouldn't favour the death penalty if prisons wern't so damn leniant. TV's, Pool tables and all sorts of other luxuries. If you are guilty of the death of an innocent child you deserve nothing more than a hard matress and four cold stone walls. Thats it
  9. 2 out of 3 persons here support the Death penalty. Amazing, I didn't expect nothing but one or two from each 100. A 60% is TOO MUCH support for a murdering...

I don't support it, nor did, nor will suport the Death Penalty. It's execrable.
    Killing someone with the Law under the arm is even worse that killing someone without it.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong2 out of 3 persons here support the Death penalty. Amazing, I didn't expect nothing but one or two from each 100. A 60% is TOO MUCH support for a murdering...

I don't support it, nor did, nor will suport the Death Penalty. It's execrable.
    Killing someone with the Law under the arm is even worse that killing someone without it.

I would be 100% against it if the law did more to actually punish murderers
  11. I have mixed opinions on the death penalty. On one side, they deserve it if they Murdered someone or committed another type of gruesome crime. On the other side, here in Indiana, only Lethal Injection is legal. So I also think that the way the are executed is almost too humane, because after a certain point there is no pain. I support the Death Penalty, but I think executions should be carried out to cause a little more pain. I think if it's not painful, then they should rot in jail for the rest of there lives. Then they will truly feel pain.
  12. Originally posted by easports43 they should rot in jail for the rest of there lives. Then they will truly feel pain.

I don't understand why this isn't how criminals are dealt with. A bed and four stone walls. That should be it