1. This a good thread. Anybody know the quality of Slane Castle 25.08.01 on the elevation tour? Is it really a not great audience recording? Or an excellent quality gig in disguise?!

Cheers!
  2. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

That's right, they are broadcast quality, like Dublin 93 or any bootleg extracted from television/radio shows. Now, the thing is that broadcasting implies the soundboard, some how. The little hiss, I've been told, is because the master source was taped --nowadays you can obtain a digital master, so soundboards won't have the hiss.

The sound quality of Dublin 93 is far superior to the Dublin 89 show in my opinion.
  3. Originally posted by Remy
    The sound quality of Dublin 93 is far superior to the Dublin 89 show in my opinion.

I agree 100%.
    I must say that I prefer an Excellent Audience (like Bologna 1985-02-05 or Saitama 2006-12-04) to a Soundboard like Tel Aviv '97-09-30 or EastRutherford '92-08-13. I prefer hearing some crazy audience than a cold concert, in which seems like U2 is playing 15 kilomenters away from the audience!
    For me the sound quality of Dublin 93 is the perfect one.

4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

I agree 100%.
    I must say that I prefer an Excellent Audience (like Bologna 1985-02-05 or Saitama 2006-12-04) to a Soundboard like Tel Aviv '97-09-30 or EastRutherford '92-08-13. I prefer hearing some crazy audience than a cold concert, in which seems like U2 is playing 15 kilomenters away from the audience!
    For me the sound quality of Dublin 93 is the perfect one.

Yeah especially the Saitama show is really good, you don't hear the audience at all except for the chorusses and sing-along bits like the end of Still Haven't Found. Really good recording.
  5. Its interesting to see you guys prefer audience recordings over soundboards looking through this thread. I dont get why people freak out because their are board recordings that dont get shared? You guys prefer the audience ones anyway!
  6. Originally posted by Blue_RoomIts interesting to see you guys prefer audience recordings over soundboards looking through this thread. I dont get why people freak out because their are board recordings that dont get shared? You guys prefer the audience ones anyway!

The good audience recordings! A decent soundboard is always better than a bad audience recording, which the majority of the recordings is unfortunately..
  7. Originally posted by Remy[..]

The good audience recordings! A decent soundboard is always better than a bad audience recording, which the majority of the recordings is unfortunately..

OK, so if there is a very good to excellent audience recording of a particular show. You would take that over a very good to excellent soundboard of the same show. Interesting information, good to know! LOL I say again though, why do people lose it over board recordings when its clear you guys prefer the good audience ones? Doesnt make sense.
  8. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

OK, so if there is a very good to excellent audience recording of a particular show. You would take that over a very good to excellent soundboard of the same show. Interesting information, good to know! LOL I say again though, why do people lose it over board recordings when its clear you guys prefer the good audience ones? Doesnt make sense.

Depends on the bootleg, it all depends
  9. the great thing about this band is its ability to connect with an audience......
    if one cannot hear the audience at all, one misses some of the magic.

10. Originally posted by archetype99the great thing about this band is its ability to connect with an audience......
    if one cannot hear the audience at all, one misses some of the magic.

I know, I always prefer to hear some girl scream "BONO I LOVE YOU" at the top of her lungs over the band actually playing.

Maybe its me, but I go to a concert to see and hear the band play. Not to hear the crowd. My approach to bootlegs is the same. Appears I'm in the minority on that. Like I said interesting. Next time someone bitches about soundboards not being shared I'm linking this thread though.
  11. I think if it's a good bootleg, take the 4/29/87 show for example...There is the perfect mix of crowd on that one...no one overly screamng, yet enough to give you that "feel" that this was a tremendous show. Just my opinion
  12. Originally posted by TommyNJ36I think if it's a good bootleg, take the 4/29/87 show for example...There is the perfect mix of crowd on that one...no one overly screamng, yet enough to give you that "feel" that this was a tremendous show. Just my opinion

agreed sometimes an audience can ruin the song, but when the audience is cut out all together it leaves out the epic and, well, live feel to it. especally songs like all i want is you, elevation, and i still havent found what im looking for where bono leaves alot of the singging to the audience.

like i said this site needs a new rating system. ive heard plenty of five stars that are easily out shined by two stars. its come to the point where i cant trust the rateing system.